TURNIGY 9XR and multiprotocol module IRX4+ need HELP

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
korol1091

TURNIGY 9XR and multiprotocol module IRX4+ need HELP

Post by korol1091 »

Hi folks!

I need help with my problem.

I have transmitter TURNIGY 9XR (with m128 processor) and multiprotocol module IRangeX IRX4+,
and i want to control my 2 little models from WLToys - quadrocopter V929 and helicopter V911.

Firmware of module IRX4+ was upgraded to last version:
Multi Firmware Version: 1.3.1.24 (STM32)
Expected Channel Order: AETR
Multi Telemetry Type: erskyTx
Invert Telemetry Enabled: True
Flash from Radio Enabled: True
Bootloader Enabled: True
Serial Debug Enabled: False

Firmware of TURNIGY 9XR was also upgraded to latest test version Er9X:
Vers: V1.
Date: 29.05.2020
Time: 21:56:57
Sun: er9x-pqr822
Mod: FRSKY 128

I made some wire modifications in TURNIGY 9XR (as i understand its telemetry mod):
1) cut traces between 2 smd resistors and MOSI & MISO points, and connect resistors to pins 41 & 42
2) pin No.5 of transmitter module bay goes to MOSI pin

Module IRX4+ have no hardware modifications.

Last week i spent in unsuccessful tries to bind transmitter with my models.
And im a bit gonna crazy because of all this patches, firmwares, programmators, blinkings and wires...

What i have did:
multiprotocol module rotary switch at 0 position (i want to change protocols from Tx menu, not PPM mode),
on Tx radio settings i set AETR channel order,
in model settings, i set protocol MULTI,
and i have tried protocol Flsky(1), subprotocol V9x9(1)
and protocol KN(9), subprotocol WLToys(0),
even protocol V911S(46), subprotocol V911S(0).
No results.

Before telemetry mod TURNIGY 9XR was made, the multiprotocol module IRangeX IRX4+ showed slow blinking "Module is in Serial Mode but there is no signal from the radio."
After mod - both LEDs are off, no any blinking.

I don`t understand where is my mistake.

And i`m not shure in some questions:
1) i made telemetry mod without RS232 invertor - should i choise "inv" or "noinv" binary for IRX4+?
I can refuse from telemetry if that make more simple binding process, but if its possible i want save telemetry option.
2) which version of test er9x i should use - "er9x-128.hex" or "er9x-frsky.hex"?
In eePe we have "er9x - 128 - FrSky" version, but test versions does not have that.
3) IRX4+ firmware called, for example "multi-stm-erskytx-aetr-inv-v1.3.1.24" - that minds only "erSkyTx" will work or "er9x" also workable?

Thanks for reading my suffering post, and thank you very much if tell me what the problem is?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: TURNIGY 9XR and multiprotocol module IRX4+ need HELP

Post by MikeB »

With a direct connection from pin 5 to the processor, you need a "NoInv" version of the module firmware.
Use er9x-128.hex.
Tell the firmware you have done the telemetry mod. Power on the radio with the left horizontal trim held to the left to enable the hardware menu. Then navigate to the hardware menu, and tick the box by "FrSky Mod Done".
There is a newer test version of er9x available, it is worth using this as I improved some things to do with the multi module.
You may use the "openTx" version of the multi firmware as I now support "MULTI_TELEMETRY" as well as "MULTI_STATUS". It is probably better to use this version.
With all that done, you should see the module firmware revision displayed in the protocol menu.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
korol1091

Re: TURNIGY 9XR and multiprotocol module IRX4+ need HELP

Post by korol1091 »

Thank for answer, Mike.

Problem is resolved: i dig into the rcgroup forum and find solution.

1) Both, V929 and V911 use one protocol - Flysky (1), subprotocol Flysky (0)
2) Correct bind procedure - plug the lipo to model wait 1-2 sec then press bind on the radio GUI

Return to “er9x”