MULTI_STATUS vs MULTI_TELEMETRY

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
phos

MULTI_STATUS vs MULTI_TELEMETRY

Post by phos »

I have a TGY9X with m2561 and telemetry mod (pin5 of module running direct to MOSI with no inverter) running the latest er9xProv822q. I have a RadioBoss 4in1 multiprotocol module running latest release 1.3.1.24.

If I compile the code with MULTI_STATUS, I get full telemetry from my FrSky receivers but the protocol names and module firmware version are missing.

If I compile with MULTI_TELEMETRY, I get the protocol names and firmware version, but I lose the telemetry from my receiver.

Is this the expected behaviour? I've read the recent posts about using MULTI_TELEMETRY to get the protocol names but no-one has mentioned a loss of telemetry that comes with it. Just trying to work out whether it is indeed an either /or choice, or whether I've got some other problem.

Phil

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: MULTI_STATUS vs MULTI_TELEMETRY

Post by MikeB »

It is supposed to work. I just tested it and see the same problem with MULTI_TELEMETRY. I've probably got an alignment problem as MULTI_TELEMETRY misses off the leading byte of the telemetry packet. Hopefully I'll have a new test version later today!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You haven't said what FrSky receivers you are using. It looks like I haven't added in processing for "hub" telemetry, but SPort telemetry should be working. I did just test that is working. I'll look into adding the hub telemetry when using MULTI_TELEMETRY.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
HuWo

Post by HuWo »

I had all the same problems with both AFHDS and DSMx telemetry. I could see the protocol names but no telemetry data. AFHDS shows no values at all, DSM gives RSSI only and a fixed RxV value 4.9, makes no difference whether I run it on 4.8 or 6+ V
Hubert
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted a new test version that includes FrSky "hub" telemetry when using MULTI_TELEMETRY. I've (hopefully) improved the display of protocol names.

HuWo: I'm still working on AFHDS2A telemetry. I just tested DSM telemetry and I see a correct value RxV of 5.0V. When I move a servo, it drops to 4.9V.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

phos

Post by phos »

Thanks Mike. It seems to be working now. I am using hub telemetry, pretty well all of my receivers are D8. I noticed the issue on a D6FR.

Return to “er9x”