Compatibility of Jumper JP4IN1 with er9x/TGY9x?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
darzur

Compatibility of Jumper JP4IN1 with er9x/TGY9x?

Post by darzur »

Hi,

My second XJT just failed for no apparent reason. First, it stopped showing telemetry data and then started to beep constantly. Don't know why it happens but my first one did exactly same thing. After replacement new one was working couple of months and failed. It binds without problems and controls models as usual, just without telemetry and constant beeping. Read about EPROM replacement, but it's not available locally and shipping overseas is not so much cheaper than new module.
Anyway, looking for new XJT I've JP4IN1. So now my question is - will it work with er9x on standard TGY9x? Will I have to rewire something? For now everything is prepared to work with XJT and it has been working good for years...
--
regards
darzur

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Compatibility of Jumper JP4IN1 with er9x/TGY9x?

Post by MikeB »

Yes it should work directly. The firmware in the 4-in-1 will need to be built with "INVERT_TELEMETRY" enabled, but you should get servo control anyway.
What revision of firmware do you have on the 9X?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
darzur

Post by darzur »

Hi,
Thanks. My FW is er9x-r820 now and it's FrSky enabled version. What is "INVERT_TELEMETRY" for? I have signal inverter soldered right now (was required for XJT) but it will not be a problem to remove it and connect module bay pin 5 directly to Atmega leg 3.
If I understood you correctly JP4IN1 will not work OOB - am I right? It will require to flash https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Mul ... -TX-Module right?
--
regards
darzur
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The 4-in-1 may already be correct (with INVERT_TELEMETRY set). It is perfectly OK to plug it in an see if it works.
r820 does support the 4-in-1, although I see from the change log I have added some things in r821 to make the multiprotocol support better.

Try the 4-in-1 with what you have and report any problems/missing protocols you need.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
darzur

Post by darzur »

Hmm,

It's quite interesting as I'm pretty sure I've flashed R821 from http://www.er9x.com/ yet it shows R820. Will flash it again and check. :)
Anyway thanks for all answers. Now have to order 4in1 from BG and wait for delivery.
--
regards
darzur

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, I made a mistake and the version number for r821 is displayed incorrectly.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “er9x”