AFHDS 2A bind

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
german71

AFHDS 2A bind

Post by german71 »

Hi Mike,

I bougth a Flysky TH9X with RM003 module, is AFHDS 2A Protocol, flashed with ER9X v821. The problem is, this module only can bind one receiver, if i try to bind a second receiver the first forget it. A friend of mine has a multiprotocol module i used and i only can bind one receiver too, then i read that in multiprotocol you have to choose the RX number, was the way to bind each receiver each with a RX number. Looking the protocols in ER9X XJT, DSM2, multiprotocol has to choose RX number, why PPM don't have it? Could It be the way to bind various receivers to the RM003 module?

And other question, this radio has m124 clone chip, when i push exit, the radio reboot sometimes i other times the EEprom is erased. What is the problem? Why is this happening? Mike, thanks for your work and your help!!!! I hope an answer

Kilrah

Re: AFHDS 2A bind

Post by Kilrah »

PPM is a 50 year old signal, it cannot carry information other than channel positions.
The information could be encoded into one of the channels, but that would require the module to expect that and have a memory system, which is not the case. With the RM0003 you'll just have to deal with rebinding.
german71

Post by german71 »

Somebody know why the module flysky RM002 AFHDS can bind various receivers, but the module RM003 AFHDS2A only bind one receiver
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Because they are different systems and work differently? For some reason in the AFHDS2A system Flysky have decided to store the receiver's ID in the transmitter unlike pretty much every other system out there, and that's a result of it.

It causes several convenient things people are used to doing with other systems not to be possible.
german71

Post by german71 »

So, why the radio flysky i6, that has protocol AFHDS2A can bind various receivers?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It does not have a separate module with a PPM "bridge" inbetween, the RF transmission is directly managed by the radio's main processor. It thus has the possibility to store the RX ID in each of the model memory's settings.

AFHDS2A can only bind one receiver per model. Then the "dumb PPM module" architecture of the RM003 makes it so only one "model" can be stored in the module.

Return to “er9x”