FRSKY R9M compatibility?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
jhsa

Re: FRSKY R9M compatibility?

Post by jhsa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:30 pm

If it was that long ago, it might be the Megasound module Mike...

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

volumax

Post by volumax » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:37 am

yes I think it was the megasound from a guy from hungary. How do I fix the THR and AIL switches situation ? I tried reversing my rudder and ail direction on eepe but I did not find a way to correct it. Maybe I did not explain it correctly but when I hit left rudder I get right rudder and same for aileron.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 pm

First check the movement of the small circles in the square boxes on one of the main screens. They should move in the same direction as the stick movement.

What firmware file did you flash? The wrong choice could explain the THR and AIL switches not working.

Mike
ersky9x/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

volumax

Post by volumax » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:43 am

I flashed mbtx-frsky.hex from mbtx5.zip . Yes the directions are reverse but I will fix that reversing the wires. Did I flash the wrong firmware?
Last edited by volumax on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:11 am

Have you done the "Telemetry Mod", where you add wires to move those two switches and then connect a level shifter to provide a connection for telemetry data?

You should be able to reverse the sticks using the hardware tab in eepe, read the EEPROM into eepe, tick the LH and RH boxes then write the EEPROM back.

Mike
ersky9x/er9x developer

volumax

Post by volumax » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:40 am

no I have not done the telemetry mod

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:54 am

OK, I wasn't building the version you need. I've just posted a mbtx5a.zip. This includes "mbtx.hex" that is for radios without the telemetry mod and with a parallel voice module or no voice module.
This version will now be built as well when I build a release (test or otherwise).

Mike
ersky9x/er9x developer

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:26 pm

I just checked the sticks may be reversed using eepeV2 on a M64 using er9xV2 (mbtx).
Run eepe, read the EEPROM, go into "General Settings" and go to the hardware tab. At the bottom are 4 check boxes for the sticks labelled LV, LH, RV and RH, for Left Vertical, Left Horizontal etc. Change the state of the LH and RH boxes, then write the EEPROM back to the radio. Your sticks should now work in the correct direction.
I removed most of the hardware settings from the M64 version of mbtx in order to save flash space. I felt these would not need to be changed on a regular basis, so needing to use eepeV2 to change them was OK.

Mike
ersky9x/er9x developer

volumax

Post by volumax » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks Mike I am away for the weekend but will test when I get back. Is the eepeV2.exe that is part of the zip file what I have to run or do I have to download it from somewhere and install it because I tried opening the one in your zip file but it gave me an error?

volumax

Post by volumax » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Thank you Mike and jsha, I was able to open eepev2 and get it all working, now I just have to test the module. Thanks for your help as always.

Return to “er9x”