rewritten protocol frskyX v1and v2.1.0

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
rcnobel

rewritten protocol frskyX v1and v2.1.0

Post by rcnobel »

Hello
I have read that multiprotocol has released some new protocols and rewriten the frskyX.
I would like to have full telemetry support from my frskyX receivers, for example display number of sats.
Will there be any support in future er9x releases?
Something similar to OpenTX latest 2.3.8 nightly 170 that supports 64 and ect protocols.

Just curious. :) :)
Thanks.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: rewritten protocol frskyX v1and v2.1.0

Post by MikeB »

I'm not aware that any FrSky sensors provide the "number of sats" information. If you have this information being sent, what is sending it and in what format?
I will be adding multi-protocol module protocols above 63 as soon as I can, I've just done that for erskyTx.
What is "ect" protocol?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rcnobel

Post by rcnobel »

MikeB wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:58 pm I'm not aware that any FrSky sensors provide the "number of sats" information. If you have this information being sent, what is sending it and in what format?
I will be adding multi-protocol module protocols above 63 as soon as I can, I've just done that for erskyTx.
What is "ect" protocol?

Mike
ect is a typo . et cetera not a protocol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
i have a taranis q7x and a d16 and i am using inav lua script and it displays the number of sats. I really dont know if there is a sensor displaying that info or is it some sort of calculation. Just wanted some sort of info on telemetry sceen on the er9x transmitter aswell.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If using inav, then I think the "number of sats" is sent in the temperature1 sensor value.
Try setting up a custom telemetry screen with "T1=" selected and see if that gives the correct value.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rcnobel

Post by rcnobel »

MikeB wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:04 pm If using inav, then I think the "number of sats" is sent in the temperature1 sensor value.
Try setting up a custom telemetry screen with "T1=" selected and see if that gives the correct value.

Mike
Hi.
T1 gives me a value of 11-12 when i power up the quad, It looks like a real temperature sensor value.I do not know exactly.
When the gps picks up sats , there is no relationship.
T2 gives me another value around 3000. what does it mean ? 3000 degrees fahrenheit ? :D :D

Sorry if the subject of this post has nothing to do with my requirement. I thought the rewritten protocols had some kind of relation having some accurate info on the telemetry scrreen.
Apologies for my ignorance

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, has nothing to do with it. "Full telemetry support" has always been there, what's sent is determined by the connected in your case iNav, you need to look at its doc to see what each value means and what's configurable.
rcnobel

Post by rcnobel »

Kilrah wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:20 pm No, has nothing to do with it. "Full telemetry support" has always been there, what's sent is determined by the connected in your case iNav, you need to look at its doc to see what each value means and what's configurable.
Ok thanks Kilrah. You are correct.
Found some info about what T2 = value means,

Tmp2 : GPS lock status, accuracy, home reset trigger, and number of satellites. Number is sent as ABCD detailed below. Typical minimum GPS 3D lock value is 3906 (GPS locked and home fixed, HDOP highest accuracy, 6 satellites).
A : 1 = GPS fix, 2 = GPS home fix, 4 = home reset (numbers are additive)
B : GPS accuracy based on HDOP (0 = lowest to 9 = highest accuracy)
C : number of satellites locked (digit C & D are the number of locked satellites)
D : number of satellites locked (if 14 satellites are locked, C = 1 & D = 4)

Return to “er9x”