Tanks and ER9X

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
jdflute

Tanks and ER9X

Post by jdflute »

Hi All,
First off all I would like to say a big thanks to everyone that has made this firmware happen, I am seriously impressed and a total convert.
My reason for flashing my turnigy transmitter is that my hobby is tanks, I am scratch building a 1/8th scale Merkava 3D and will use all the channels I can lay my hands on. However, there has always been a problem /compromise in having to set up a transmitter according to a standard heli/plan/glider pre-programmed template. Yes they can do what you want to with these setups but not necessarily in the way that you would really like to.
Along comes er9x, and hey presto I can configure everything just the way I like it, I especially like the servo extended travel/reverse/slow ability for any channel, as such I have had to strip out a lot of redundant electronics inside the tank!
So you have given me so much, but I am going to be a little bit greedy and ask for a little bit more. It's not that I don't like helis and planes, but when I am driving a tank it would be nice to know that channel 1 and 2 are controlling the drive motors and channel 3 the turret turn and channel 4 the gun elevation etc. etc. etc.

So the question is this.... how hard would it be to rename the individual channel names?

Cheers,

Jd

Crashj007

Re: Tanks and ER9X

Post by Crashj007 »

The source code is available on the wiki. You could easily do the changes if you can compile the codes.
These guys seem to have moved in that direction:
http://www.rctanksaustralia.com/
Check out their forum.
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Channels don't have names in *9x, only the sticks (Ail, Ele, Rud, Thr) and switches (names match what's written on the case) have.

If you can come with meaningful 3-letter names you can replace them in the source code files and recompile the firmware yourself quite easily :) Or maybe use open9x instead of er9x, as there is language file support you could simply make an extra "translation".
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The next revision of er9x will allow the sticks to be renamed.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Test version(s) posted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598&p=64969#p64969.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”