Simple programming problem - Stock 9x

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Philipp2

Simple programming problem - Stock 9x

Post by Philipp2 »

I have a stock Turnigy TGY 9X with original programming and would like to program the AUX 3 (3 position) switch to activate the flaps (Or anything) and cannot find how to address the switch in the programming. All I see are the three pots, Gear switch and throttle hold switch.

GrootWitbaas

Re: Simple programming problem - Stock 9x

Post by GrootWitbaas »

You will NOT like my answer, but I will give it any way. Get a programer and flash a custom firmware. There is not many people on this forum with stock firmware, and this forum is intended for Custom firmwares and mod's. If you don't want to do the mod yourself for a programer look at the SmartieParts programer, If you have a rev1 board or you think the SP board is to expensive, just have a look at the list of people willing to help with mods
Now maybe some one some where can help you with the mix you need.
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Best I think that could be offered at this point it the stock manual

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=127

Groot... while I agree with you on your answer; the forum does have a section for 'stock' users; and is intended for ANYTHING 9x related.

However reality is - nobody in their right mind - uses the stock firmware. It is limiting; slow/difficult to use and just plain sucks :D

As a result.. you will find very few people on the forum who use the stock firmware; so help will be limited.

As Groot said.. best option. Uprade!

This wiki http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/Flashing_your_9x gives loads of usefull info.

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Philipp2

Post by Philipp2 »

Thanks guys for the recommendations and I realize that most are going with the modified firmware as I most likely will too. I just remember reading the it could be done with the stock unit and wanted to give it a try. It is a challenge for sure. The original instructions, to the best of my knowledge, do not address this action.
I believe that if all one needs is a simple 4 - 6 channel transmitter, the stock firmware will work fine, or so I hear.
Crashj007

Post by Crashj007 »

I did get the three position flaps to work with the stock FW while waiting for the SB, but I do not remember how. It does help to know it is possible, eh?
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”