Blackbushe - Anyone Going?

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Flaps 30

Blackbushe - Anyone Going?

Post by Flaps 30 »

I should be there for most of the morning. That is as long as we have no rain.. Cannot stand the stuff.

----> http://www.blackbushemodelairshow.co.uk/

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Blackbushe - Anyone Going?

Post by Rob Thomson »

I would love too - but its my sons birthday party! Sadly I doubt I will be able to go until he is old enough to want me to take him!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
tilmanb

Post by tilmanb »

Thinking of going. Working on securing a ride.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Sorry to hear that Rob.. Yes in years to come things might get better. Shame that you didn't consider the dates of important RC events before doing what you did. ;)

Tilmanb - Have you managed to get the ride?
tilmanb

Post by tilmanb »

My ride disappeared :-/

Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Pity tilmanb :(

I was there bright and early just after 9AM.. Stalls were being setup as I went in. The burger bars were doing a good trade with the fatties all queueing up to get their fixes of bread and Horse meat topped off with overcooked greasy onions.

Even at that time of day there was people setting up camp on the flight line with their seats and flasks of coffee to wash down the burgers. Personally I never have understood this type of thing at a small model show, but I suppose it takes all sorts.

Sadly Steve Carr had a problem with his 60% 550cc Extra 260. For some reason it seemed to have lost power. Hats off to Steve for turning away from the crowd and doing a downwind pancake landing. Hopefully the only damage done might have been limited to the undercarriage.

Pari Tech did a spectacular show with their gliders.. If only I had the money/space/time and the bravery to fly such wonderful models http://www.paritech.de/

Of course we had the usual noisy stuff from the methanol drinking models. No report on them.. Boring! Turbines were fine and they all gave a good show...

So now the downsides.. First up comes the cold and boy it was cold... Fewer trade stands compared to the last two years... Biggest complaint was the volume of the PA system that was constantly giving commentary. I couldn't talk to traders or friends without having to raise my voice. It got so bad, especially when they played music, that I ended up leaving the show at 13.00 Hrs to go flying at our local field. Sorry Blackbushe this will probably be the last time I visit you. The PA spoilt what could have been a pleasant day out..

tilmanb - I see you are a Guildfordian.. That was my birthplace (Merrow actually) and a place where I spent a lot of my youth in a coffee house that was at Tunsgate many moons ago. Small world. :)
tilmanb

Post by tilmanb »

Where do you hang around these days?
Wet should meet one day...
Shame it did not work today. I should have read the signs and rent a car instead of hoping my mate would make a extra effort. :smile:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

tilmanb wrote:Where do you hang around these days?
Wet should meet one day...
Good that you didn't hit the "," key by mistake there or it would read. "Wet, should meet one day..." :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, joking apart, I think that we shold organise a meeting someday.. obviously it would have to be one in Europe and another one for the guys that live overseas. Long distances unfortunately :(

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

tilmanb wrote:Where do you hang around these days?
I can be found in the Oxford road Reading near HobbyStores model shop, picking up passing trade. :mrgreen:
tilmanb wrote:We should meet one day...
That may happen sometime no doubt.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I keep telling flaps to join us on a slope - but she claims it is too cold and far from a toilet :)

Now.. exactly what type of trade was that?

Oddly... I used to live in prospect street. Just off the Oxford road - near the model shop.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Rob Thomson wrote:I keep telling flaps to join us on a slope - but she claims it is too cold and far from a toilet :)
Yup - Gotta think about such things. Temperature is slowly improving though.
Rob Thomson wrote:Now.. exactly what type of trade was that?
Hmm....
Rob Thomson wrote:Oddly... I used to live in prospect street. Just off the Oxford road - near the model shop.
Now if you lived there. You would know the trade that went on in that area. ;)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

are you telling us? Now we're all curious.. ;)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”