Gvars... Wassat!!!

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Wimh

Re: Gvars... Wassat!!!

Post by Wimh »

Trying to get my head around this, but having problems...I want to use gvar on stock board with OpenTX with flight phases. I see 5 Gvars in the "normal" flight phase screen, but none in the other four. One Gvar value in each flight phase I could understand, then I can set different values for in every phase. So no use for me? I was hoping to simplify my 5 servo wing mixing for Camber and Brakes.... I could use a different gvar for every flightphase, but that does not really save me any mixer lines? any thoughts?
Wim
Belgium

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

The stock board is ram limited, and cant handle different gvars per flight phase.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I assume you intend to have a parameter that is changed depending on the selected flight mode.
GVARS can have a different value for each mode on ARM/gruvin boards, but not on stock 9x. You can however use the Adjust GVAR custom function called by the same switch you're using to activate the flight mode to change the value.
Wimh

Post by Wimh »

yes, I see how that would have the result I want, must try it...

edit : not really. I'm trying to set a different weight in every flight phase, tried P1 as source, but the effect is not what I expected, only very small changes when turning the pot, not from 0 to 100 for example...

edit : forget that, I had an offset in there, when I remove it it does behave correctly

Just realized it's better to program everything from scratch than to use a template, more chance of realizing what exactly is going on... :D
Wim
Belgium
kaos

Post by kaos »

Still fooling around with the stock board. :o what happened to your SK9x v3 board. ;)

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”