Field notes in companion

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
rabono

Field notes in companion

Post by rabono »

I have a request can we add a field notes for personal plain english reminder, at least for logical switches and special function like GVR description I know it cannot be on the Tx side because of Eprom size limitation but on the computer It would be so helpful when we decide to modify a model and do not remember what functions or switches is after months. A little bit as REM in computer code

Kilrah

Re: Field notes in companion

Post by Kilrah »

There's an open issue for that, but it requires a complete rework of how data is stored by companion so it's waiting on that to be done for other reasons.
rabono

Post by rabono »

Kilrah wrote:There's an open issue for that, but it requires a complete rework of how data is stored by companion so it's waiting on that to be done for other reasons.
In the meantime I made an excel document It got all list in drop down fields It is not perfect since I was not able to make the cascading dependent drop down list but it is usable also so far it got the 2 most important Pages Logical Switches and Special Functions It is open any body can improve it if they want to
Attachments
Opentx notes.xlsx
Open Tx Excel Notes add-on
(38.69 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
rabono

Post by rabono »

Basically the same except data validation in fields list have been removed so in case you can type your own values instead of the one provided by the drop down list.
Attachments
Opentx notes_v2.xlsx
(38.69 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

Return to “openTx”