How do I unreverse my trim?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mpjf01

How do I unreverse my trim?

Post by mpjf01 »

Ever since OpenTx was released I have been using the same model definition for a Radian that I fly regularly in one of our single model type competitions. This has been used on several 9X, a 9Xr and two Taranis radios. A while back I upgraded the new Taranis to 2.1 but did not fly any model with it until Monday. When I powered off after launch at 200m the aircraft went into a shallow dive, unusual for this particular model but the more I applied up trim the more it dived until I reached max trim (thanks Amber) and it was inverted. The combination of insufficient elevator travel and flexible pushrods resulted in radian digging a bit of a hole in the neighbours just planted wheat crop, and me with a plastic bag of bits.

On investigation I see that the elevator trim, when pulled back for up trim, makes the little graphic block move toward the front of the radio, normally down trim and so it seems I thought I was applying up but was in fact applying down. When I look at the same model in my as yet not upgraded to 2.1 Taranis, the block moves back and applies up trim as expected.

So somewhere in the conversion process I have screwed up by failing to check an option or something. I have converted about 20 models and don't want the same thing to happen to one of my $3k gliders so I need to find out what I have done to reverse the trim and fix it. I can't see any obvious "reverse trim" setting but it must be there somewhere. Would someone please advise what I should be looking for?
Last edited by mpjf01 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

mpjf01

Re: How do I unreverse my trim?

Post by mpjf01 »

Never mind, I found the answer. Turned the elevator trim board up the right way. Sorry.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You might have a reversed stick. I believe the trim was correct but the stick was reversed by mistake. That is why ersky9x has this kind of options protected with a key combination.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

Not in this instance, when I removed the rear I discovered that the elevator trim board had been installed upside down by the factory. I had another radio to compare with.

Return to “openTx”