Channel 1 not working on 9XR after 2.1 upgrade

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mpjf01

Channel 1 not working on 9XR after 2.1 upgrade

Post by mpjf01 »

After upgrading my 9XR from 2.0.forgotten to 2.1.7 I find that Channel 1 does not produce any output for several of the converted models. In the attached eepe, in the case of the first 4 models Channel 1 produces no output. In the case of the 5th (also converted) model it does. The last model was created after the conversion and Channel 1 works.

Presumably I can fix what I have by recreating the affected models and I am happy to do this. I report the issue here in case it is not just a one off and indicative of something sinister happening that may rear it's head later.
Attachments
9xr jan 16.eepe
(9.66 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

Kilrah

Re: Channel 1 not working on 9XR after 2.1 upgrade

Post by Kilrah »

Did you convert using the radio or companion? Which version?
Definitely something broken here.
Do you have your backup before conversion that you could post?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Ah, on the affected models you have a special function SF11 replace CH1 8% that is always on, which explains it. Now do you actually have something like this before conversion? The switch for it might have been mangled and gone to always on.
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

SF11 started life as ON Volume RS on my Taranis. When I copied the model from my Taranis eepe to a new 9XR eepe in Companion 2.0 it seems to have got changed to ON Volume --- (reasonable as there is no RS on my 9XR). Then when I converted to 2.1 it got changed to ON Override Ch1 125. I'm not sure how/when weight got changed to 8, (I don't still have every version) but I didn't do it manually.

Thanks for explaining the issue, at least I don't need to worry that there's something wrong with the radio.

Return to “openTx”