Opentx 1.52 to 2.1, now gyro won't leave HH mode

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
interestingfellow

Opentx 1.52 to 2.1, now gyro won't leave HH mode

Post by interestingfellow »

HEY, thanks!
I have OpenTX on a 9x controlling a HK250, ar6100, hk401b, and had it flying well.

I had been running Companion 9x 1.52 heli, templates, haptic, ppmca, ppmus,autosource, autoswitchset

I upgraded from 1.52 to 2.1 AND changed my firmware to include heli-templates-nofp-haptic-ppmca-autosource-autoswitch-dblkeys-ppmus-faichoice.

I reloaded my eep. The gyro is still on the same switch and pot, and the pot still controls gain on HH, but now my HK401B won't switch to normal mode.

On a side note: after the upgrade my elevator and pitch needed to be inverted. not sure why or if it had anything to do with my gyro, or not.

Thanks, again!

pmullen503

Re: Opentx 1.52 to 2.1, now gyro won't leave HH mode

Post by pmullen503 »

Did you recalibrate the TX after the firmware upgrade?
interestingfellow

Yes, yes I did recalibrate the tx after I reinstalled my eep. Just to be clear, in 1.5 I read the eeprom including my models from the tx, flashed with 2.1, reloaded the eep, and then calibrated.

Even with the HH issue, I flew the bird, and it flew well. Then the throttle channel decided to stop transmitting (with or without Thold). Pitch control was working and the stick moves the cursor on the tx screen but I just couldn't get the throttle to operate the speed control or a random servo (3 different servos, actually); I even tried 2 other ar6100's and a flysky 8ch module/rx AND I even tried while using a blank 4ch model from templates. Just the throttle channel wouldn't transmit. So, I switched to 2.0, and now the throttle is working, but gyro mode still is not.

What am I getting wrong here?
interestingfellow

I went back to 1.5 and now everything works again. Sometime down the road, I'll try upgrading again. For now, 1.5 does what I want perfectly.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

By all means, though: if you have hypotheses as to why I had these 2 issues, let me know.

Thanks, again, y'all!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Looking at how channels respond to your stick orders in the simulator and comparing both versions should help you find what doesn't behave as intended and see what you need to change to get it back.

Both 1.x -> 2.0 and 2.0 -> 2.1 come with major changes in the whole control pipeline that may require adjustments in your setup. Also direct upgrade from 1.x to 2.1 hasn't been particularly tested.

Return to “openTx”