SPort device updating

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: SPort device updating

Post by MikeB »

The popup only happens if there is a problem, so your radio is passing the test OK.

If you could do the testing of SWR again now and check for TelRxCount counting up always please.
So plug the XJT in and power on. With the settings on your pictures you should be receiving a regular message from the XJT giving the SWR value. This should cause the TelRxCount value to keep counting.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

boutbou

Post by boutbou »

Ok , So For TelRXCount , no pb, it's counting ( fast ).
For SWR , still the same : Just after a boot, Swr =0 and solid , but when I switch models , it says 40 something and change if I wrap my hand on the antenna . ( I Kept only one model, deleted all others and copy it to have a double )
It's like the Sport needs a Wake up ? :lol: :roll:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

SWR seems to be working fine then.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just checked TelRxCount, which is a 4-digit number. With a XJT just sending SWR, it takes about 20 seconds for the left most digit to change by 1.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
boutbou

Post by boutbou »

same here.

Bout

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I can't see any reason why this is failing. About the only thing left is to ask how long you are between switching the power off and then back on. It may be the XJT doesn't fully power off this way, so the processor doesn't restart at power on in the correct way to allow flashing. If you haven't tried this already, try leaving the power off for at least ten seconds after it shows "Finding Device" before switching the power back on.
I've not tried switching the power this way, I've always used an external supply.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
boutbou

Post by boutbou »

Ok, a friend of mine wil give me a ftdi , for trying the flashing. DO you know if Sport is 3.3v or 5V ? thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Sport is 3.3V INVERTED serial, but tolerates 5V. From a PC, you may use a USB to serial converter with a diode added to the Tx signal.
A diagram of where to put the diode is here: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=4895&p=69003&hilit ... ode#p68994.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
boutbou

Post by boutbou »

Ok , I had the info for the diode , will try this week ! Thanks again MIKE

Just to update : I managed to update all by FTDI USB . I had to get to it twice , on 2 different days because this timing thing is really tricky ^^
Do XSR, XJT and X4RSB all updated trough Sport . Still don't know why 9XR wouldn't do it.

Thanks a lot mike for your support.

Return to “openTx”