eepe file date creation/modification

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
nasked

eepe file date creation/modification

Post by nasked »

Hi guys:

I think many people have the same situation. When i finish a new model in companion, I upload it to my Taranis. Later at field, i test my eepe with my model and adjust some parameters (Trims, etc)... problem is that sometimes i forget to download file to my computer. Some days later I don't remember who file is the good file or the last file modified. I can see date in eepe file in my pc, but i can't see the last modification file date.

I think next firmware can be a good idea include in second model page, a line with last modification date of these eepe/model to compare it with computer eepe file.

Also a tab where annotations would do very well, at least in the companion. I usually attach in the same folder where is the eepe file a txt file with my annotations.

Thanks
Last edited by nasked on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seancull

Re: eepe file date creation/modification

Post by seancull »

I would love to have the files as text so that I could us a tracking tool like git. I don't suppose an import / export to text file is a future option too ?
nasked

Post by nasked »

Ohh yes...Any system that allows us to keep track of the settings both on the Companion and the station are welcome. Any system that allow maintain a control over all changes that had been made in our computer is very important. Some time i had made some changes in my tx and i forgotten transfer file to my computer... some day after i had changes parameters at my file and overwrite some adjust made before.

I have given the case to arrive at field and didn't remember if tx model configuration was all right or was wrong and modifications made at home was right.
I had given the case to arrive at field and didn't remember if tx model configuration was all right or was wrong and modifications that has been made at home was good.
These cases create an uncomfortable situation and you are forced to check the configuration on more than one occasion.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

nasked wrote:Hi guys:

I think many people have the same situation. When i finish a new model in companion, I upload it to my Taranis. Later at field, i test my eepe with my model and adjust some parameters (Trims, etc)... problem is that sometimes i forget to download file to my computer. Some days later I don't remember who file is the good file or the last file modified. I can see date in eepe file in my pc, but i can't see the last modification file date.

I think next firmware can be a good idea include in second model page, a line with last modification date of these eepe/model to compare it with computer eepe file.

Also a tab where annotations would do very well, at least in the companion. I usually attach in the same folder where is the eepe file a txt file with my annotations.

Thanks
Here are two items that may help
First - when naming EEPE files precede the name with yymmdd such as today "140813 Added Superfly.eepe". This way the EEPE files will sort the same way chronologically, alphabetically, or numerically.

Now - the real sweet thing about Opentx 2.0 is the use of the .txt files in the MODELS folder. I make a .txt file for each model. In this file I include all of the specifications of the model - wing width, CG, Batteries, ESC , motor, etc etc. I also put all of the switches, rates, expo etc.

So long as the .txt file has the same name as the model (no spaces) then you can view the file either automatically when you start the model by checking "Display Checklist"
8-13-2014 7-42-52 PM.jpg
Or you can look at the file from in the SD card Screen.
8-13-2014 7-40-16 PM.jpg
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

nasked wrote: I think many people have the same situation. When i finish a new model in companion, I upload it to my Taranis. Later at field, i test my eepe with my model and adjust some parameters (Trims, etc)... problem is that sometimes i forget to download file to my computer. Some days later I don't remember who file is the good file or the last file modified. I can see date in eepe file in my pc, but i can't see the last modification file date.
The solution is simple, ALWAYS consider the radio as being the reference (makes sense as it's what you fly with). Everytime you want to do a modification on companion you read straight from the radio, never from a file you stored on the PC. You keep what you just read out from the radio as backup, edit, and transfer back to the radio. You keep the files on the PC strictly as backups, never as working documents.

Return to “openTx”