OpenTX speaker for Mac release

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
iacopo

OpenTX speaker for Mac release

Post by iacopo »

Hello everyone.
I'm a long time Mac user, and I love the quality of Mac OS text to speech functions...
I decided to learn some real programming and I took this chance to learn the very new Swift language.

To make the long story short, I just made a very little app that uses your default Mac OS text to speech voice (Kate - UK english - is my favorite).
This is basically the first time I program anything other than a web script, so please forgive me if the app has a bug or two!

To change the default voice on your Mac you can follow these instructions http://www.wikihow.com/Install-New-Text ... -Os-X-Lion
Attachments
OpenTX Mac Speaker.zip
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 318 times
Last edited by iacopo on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koarl

Re: OpenTX speaker for Mac release

Post by Koarl »

Gotta try that as soon as possible! I'm a maci too! Thanks for your work!
iacopo

Post by iacopo »

Just a quick note.
Since I used Swift, this app is only compatible with Mavericks 10.9.0 and later.
DWiskow

Post by DWiskow »

Great that you have programmed this . . . and used the more comprehensive (and included) text to speech engine within OSX . . . however, do you have some plans to increase the functionality in your software (particularly the ability to save and open word lists)?

If you see my post viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5184&p=86283#p86283 in the OpenTX Voice File Generator thread, I have shown how you can achieve this using bin/bash scripting too.
kbayquoi

Post by kbayquoi »

Thanks for this...it works great for me.

Return to “openTx”