OpenTX 2.0.0

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Scott Page

Re: OpenTX 2.0.0

Post by Scott Page »

Updating to 2.0 there is one more thing to consider besides the firmware -- and that's the sounds that are different. See my post to see which sounds have been added. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5163&p=79585#p79585

MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Hi Bertrand
I try to compile companion download from git but an error is generate
I'm on Lubuntu 14.04
This morning all was ok

Code: Select all

[  7%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/common.dir/firmwares/opentx/opentxTaranisSimulator.cpp.o
In file included from /home/michele/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/targets/taranis/../../opentx.h:1413:0,
                 from /home/michele/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/targets/taranis/board_taranis.cpp:37,
                 from /home/michele/opentx/companion/src/firmwares/opentx/opentxTaranisSimulator.cpp:73:
/home/michele/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/targets/taranis/../../translations.h:68:29: fatal error: translations/en.h: File o directory non esistente
 #include "translations/en.h"
                             ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/common.dir/firmwares/opentx/opentxTaranisSimulator.cpp.o] Errore 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/common.dir/all] Errore 2
make: *** [all] Errore 2
For download is avalaible only .rpm file
Have you problems for .deb for Ubuntu/Debian?

Alien is a possible solution but the deb is a best solution...

Thank you in advance

Regards
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Using the bootloader can only write new firmware - it' can't update the bootloader
Using Companion you can write the firmware and also write any updates or changes to the bootloader (if that becomes necessary)

Some like using Companion because it's quick
Some like using the bootloader because Zadig gives them a rash.

Like all of OpenTx -- there is more than one way to accomplish your mission.
You can't update the bootloader by using the radio only?? On ersky I can enter maintenance mode by turning the radio on with the trims away from the center and then select "Update Bootloader" select a fw file with the required bootloader, and update it..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Helitamer

Post by Helitamer »

Hi i update to 2.0.0 but now i missing the toggle switch funktion, i start my timer with a logical switch combination, and stop him with the same, but now there is no selection to configure the timer 1 ? can anybody help?

Regards Patrick
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

bertrand35 wrote:It's fixed now. If last tests are ok, we release tonight 2.0.1
Thanks.. :) I did check with companion to see if the same problem existed with the other transmitters. I could get the same problem to occur with all of them with the exception of the Taranis.

Looking forward to the update.

davx

Post by davx »

Helitamer wrote:Hi i update to 2.0.0 but now i missing the toggle switch funktion, i start my timer with a logical switch combination, and stop him with the same, but now there is no selection to configure the timer 1 ? can anybody help?

Regards Patrick
Just use a logical switch with sticky function and use it for your timer. For example, if you want SH to toggle your timer on and off, set L1 with sticky function and put SH↓ in V1 and V2 parameters.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

HWal wrote:When I copy the Firmware file to the FIRMWARES directory on the SD card and Write with the Bootloader, everything seems fine.
When I Write Firmware to Radio with Companion, everything seems fine as well.
I designed and developed the bootloader. I initially used the "write firmware from SD card" method to get the flashing working at all. It also seemed to be a useful option, you could keep older versions of the firmware on the SD card, and if a new version didn't work properly revert to an older version even at the flying field. This has actually been done when a new test version didn't quite work right, the tester (João) reverted at the flying field and didn't miss any flying!
Having got that working I added a method using the firmware memory mapped to a file on a disk drive that allowed writing the firmware directly without first putting it on the SD card. This is quicker and easier to use.
Companion should now have this method available for use. It doesn't need any special drivers installed on the PC.
Companion has also had the "Zadig" method available. This does need all the special drivers installed and working. This method writes the bootloader as well as the main firmware, the other two methods only update the main firmware.

You can use any of the three methods. Personally, I find the "middle" (flash firmware directly) method quickest and easiest to use.

I developed the bootloader to avoid needing to use any special drivers, so it may be easily used under Windows, Linux or on a Mac. I also made the bootloader common to the SKY board upgrade for the 9X, the new 9XR-PRO and the Taranis, although the version included in openTx for the Taranis has been modified so is no longer 100% compatible to the others.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Many (but not all) of the questions in this thread could be answered if people paid more attention to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lL8 ... 5RQGA/edit
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Installed OpenTx 2.0.1 on Taranis
In telemetry page appears a new function: "Telemetry type"
What means?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you want to get telemetry with a DJT or other module putting out telemetry data in FrSky D format.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Fix worked a treat.. Thank you.. :)

Tested the Skysurfer file again. Found that the curve values had all changed to way out figures, along with most of them were converted from three point to five point curves. After setting them to what they should have been I was unable to get it all working as it should be, as the curve didn't relate to what was on the output. Further investigation showed that there is a problem with 3 point curves with the 9X series. It all works fine in the Taranis mode in Companion.

The curve (curve 1) in the file below was originally programmed as a three point linear curve with Y at X-100=0, Y at X+100=50. Channel 3 used as a flap control for channels 4 & 5 where the curve is the flap output to those channels. So it seems that the M128 version(s) of the software is not happy with three point curves. Also checked and found that the same problems with 2 and 4 point curves.
Flap on throttle.eepe
(9.66 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
bertrand35 wrote:
Flaps 30 wrote:The use of logical switches in the way specified happens on a few channels. Probably the best one to look at would be the model 'Skysurfer' and the use of L8 on channel 6 which should cause the output of channel 6 to switch between -100 and +100 every second.
The attachment Models 1 June 2014.eepe is no longer available
It's fixed now. If last tests are ok, we release tonight 2.0.1
LoTechGreg

Re: OpenTX 2.0.1

Post by LoTechGreg »

When writing the EEPE's back to the radio, progress bar goes to 100%, and I never get the completed popup. Transfer seems to be fine, I just have to kill companion to get past it. Is everybody else's working fine?
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Apparently having to hold two trim switches toward each other while turning on a transmitter is a sign of the Zombie Apocalypse. I put considerable effort into researching 10 ways to accomplish this digital puzzle which I have posted in RCG. I'd like to share them here as well - not because the clientele of this establishment seem to have the same difficulty with said task, but so that you are prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse.

1. Use a C-Clamp to hold the switches to the center. If you don't have a C-Clamp give a D clamp a go.
2. Pick up one of those guys with the cardboard sign that says "will work for food" and have him hold the switches while you move the power switch.
3. Use the right hand on the AIL switch and the left hand on the RUD switch and press up the power switch with your tongue.
4. Find a polydactyly assistant.
5. Put hot melt glue on each of the switches to hold them to the center and turn on the transmitter. Then pour alcohol into the switches to remove the glue.
6. Wedge toothpicks into the switches to hold them in place while turning on the transmitter.
7. Drill a hold through each switch and run dental floss between them... Then just pull the dental floss upward to bring the switches toward each other while you power up the transmitter.
8. While in the lotus flower position press the switches together with your big toes, bend forward and move the switch upward with your nose.
9. Put the transmitter in the dryer and tumble on high heat so as the transmitter shrinks the switches will get closer together.
10. Ask any child to do it, they won't have any problem with it.
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Kilrah wrote:If you want to get telemetry with a DJT or other module putting out telemetry data in FrSky D format.
Ok
I do not find the string "Telemetry type" in file it.h.txt
j0bro

Post by j0bro »

+1 for Companion as a Chrome extension! Look at Baseflight, Rapidflash and OpenLRSng configurator, they all are excellent pieces of software. I am sure that Companion can be made like that too. It would give you automatic updates, multi platform support and what not. Good suggestion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
dvogonen

Re: Sv: OpenTX 2.0.0

Post by dvogonen »

LoTechGreg wrote:When writing the EEPE's back to the radio, progress bar goes to 100%, and I never get the completed popup. Transfer seems to be fine, I just have to kill companion to get past it. Is everybody else's working fine?
I think I see the same thing. The dialog hangs around after going to 100%. In my case it closes if I click it after a few seconds.
nischris

Post by nischris »

Scott Page wrote:Many (but not all) of the questions in this thread could be answered if people paid more attention to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lL8 ... 5RQGA/edit
If I understand that document correctly, users will need to be in the bootloader to access files on the sd card from the pc. Is that correct? If so, do most people really prefer having a joystick device appear rather than the sd card (etc) as happened with the older firmware? Personally, I would prefer to be able to read/write files on the sd card.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Scott Page wrote:Apparently having to hold two trim switches toward each other while turning on a transmitter is a sign of the Zombie Apocalypse. I put considerable effort into researching 10 ways to accomplish this digital puzzle which I have posted in RCG. I'd like to share them here as well - not because the clientele of this establishment seem to have the same difficulty with said task, but so that you are prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse.

1. Use a C-Clamp to hold the switches to the center. If you don't have a C-Clamp give a D clamp a go.
2. Pick up one of those guys with the cardboard sign that says "will work for food" and have him hold the switches while you move the power switch.
3. Use the right hand on the AIL switch and the left hand on the RUD switch and press up the power switch with your tongue.
4. Find a polydactyly assistant.
5. Put hot melt glue on each of the switches to hold them to the center and turn on the transmitter. Then pour alcohol into the switches to remove the glue.
6. Wedge toothpicks into the switches to hold them in place while turning on the transmitter.
7. Drill a hold through each switch and run dental floss between them... Then just pull the dental floss upward to bring the switches toward each other while you power up the transmitter.
8. While in the lotus flower position press the switches together with your big toes, bend forward and move the switch upward with your nose.
9. Put the transmitter in the dryer and tumble on high heat so as the transmitter shrinks the switches will get closer together.
10. Ask any child to do it, they won't have any problem with it.
BUAAHHHAAAAHHHAAHHH... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Johnex

Post by Johnex »

Thank you for the amazing release. I got my Taranis yesterday and the first thing i did was put OpenTX 2 on it.

One thing that bothers me though. I downloaded the latest voices from here: http://voices-20.open-tx.org/opentx-taranis/en/
But now the female voice is british english and that ticks me off. I like the quality of the voice compared to stock taranis, but why british english??
Can the person that made the EN voices add a new zip with american english?

Also, the Swedish voices need to be regenerated to v2.0 (i mean new missing voices added). I guess dvogonen can add the new voices? i don't have Swedish on my computer :(
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

nischris wrote:
Scott Page wrote:Many (but not all) of the questions in this thread could be answered if people paid more attention to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lL8 ... 5RQGA/edit
If I understand that document correctly, users will need to be in the bootloader to access files on the sd card from the pc. Is that correct? If so, do most people really prefer having a joystick device appear rather than the sd card (etc) as happened with the older firmware? Personally, I would prefer to be able to read/write files on the sd card.
Certainly that was the consensus of those who opted to take part in the testing process. I find my self somewhat amazed at the gall of the throngs emerging from their caves to throw stones at the fatted calf when they never lifted a finger to evaluate and give suggestions prior to it's release.
dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

Johnex wrote:Thank you for the amazing release. I got my Taranis yesterday and the first thing i did was put OpenTX 2 on it.

One thing that bothers me though. I downloaded the latest voices from here: http://voices-20.open-tx.org/opentx-taranis/en/
But now the female voice is british english and that ticks me off. I like the quality of the voice compared to stock taranis, but why british english??

Also, the Swedish voices need to be regenerated to v2.0 (i mean new missing voices added). I guess dvogonen can add the new voices? i don't have Swedish on my computer :(
The Swedish voices are not generated by scripts like most of the others, they are recorded "by hand" by painstakingly using an online voice demo e.g acapela and recording and editing each sound clip.
I wrote an application you can use to record whatever voice files you like. It is available from open-tx.org and is called OpenTX Recorder. In that case you use a microphone.
Johnex

Post by Johnex »

I saw the application you made and its nice, but in windows 8.1 Update 1 the default voices are not so good microsoft ones.

What is the name of the TTS used for the Swedish? I could make the remaining voices and rebuild the pack.

Also, any idea about the English ones? Did bertrand35 make them?
dvogonen wrote:
Johnex wrote:Thank you for the amazing release. I got my Taranis yesterday and the first thing i did was put OpenTX 2 on it.

The Swedish voices are not generated by scripts like most of the others, they are recorded "by hand" by painstakingly using an online voice demo e.g acapela and recording and editing each sound clip.
I wrote an application you can use to record whatever voice files you like. It is available from open-tx.org and is called OpenTX Recorder. In that case you use a microphone.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

This is a good question from RCG: I wonder if one of the Developers could help explain the difference and implications between RUD and [Ix]RUD
2014-06-06_8-53-57.jpg
davx

Post by davx »

RUD is the direct stick value and [ix]RUD is the input value as set in the Inputs menu.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

davx wrote:RUD is the direct stick value and [ix]RUD is the input value as set in the Inputs menu.

Ok. I think I've wrapped my mind around this. So RUD will give you no expo and no weights --- just exactly what the rudder stick is reporting. [ix]RUD will give that input with all of the various weights, switches, curves, and expo applied.

Correct??
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Companion 2.0.1 compiled from git
Lubuntu 14.04
In Model Setup page the list of potenziometers in "warning pot" is missing
Appears only the combobox with "auto manual off"
Confirm?
davx

Post by davx »

Scott Page wrote:
davx wrote:RUD is the direct stick value and [ix]RUD is the input value as set in the Inputs menu.

Ok. I think I've wrapped my mind around this. So RUD will give you no expo and no weights --- just exactly what the rudder stick is reporting. [ix]RUD will give that input with all of the various weights, switches, curves, and expo applied.

Correct??

Yes, that's it.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

davx wrote:
Scott Page wrote:

Correct??

Yes, that's it.

Ya know it's weird how once something finally pierces the thick cranium it all seems to make perfect sense.
nischris

Post by nischris »

Scott Page wrote: gall of the throngs emerging from their caves to throw stones at the fatted calf when they never lifted a finger to evaluate and give suggestions prior to it's release.
I'm not emerging from a cave. I'm not throwing stones. I also don't need to take part in any testing process to have a preference. I am a bit surprised that users who have previously had easy access to the files on the sd card prefer some other device.
Johnex

Post by Johnex »

I took an hour of my time and made American English voices for OpenTX 2.0. They are much higher quality than the current ones available for download.

I have attached them here for those interested!
Attachments
opentx-taranis-en-johnex.zip
(11.34 MiB) Downloaded 195 times

Return to “openTx”