Odd issue with Phoenix flight sim...

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
daved20319

Post by daved20319 »

I have Phoenix V.4 and originally set it up with my Turnigy 9x flashed with ER9x. Took some doing, but finally got it all working. So of course, then I had to reflash it with OpenTX :roll:. Got it all working again, but now the sim won't see my TX unless I have the power switch on. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if I didn't need to burn battery power running the transmitter when I don't need it. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, is there a fix? Thanks.

Dave

Eagle71

Re: Odd issue with Phoenix flight sim...

Post by Eagle71 »

Hi
Go into the openTX
Menue 2/11
Proto: PPMsim 8CH

I hope it helps.

Eagle71
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

That works for me. Just finished setting mine up yesterday and it works as it should. But you do have to have the transmitter turned on (unlike Spektrum or JR). Plugging in the cable doesn't turn on the encoder.

One thing that sometimes confuses people is that sim configuration is the same as slave configuration for buddy box (I.e., the transmitter's encoder directs its output to the trainer port instead of the RF module). They have a hard time getting over the idea that the transmitter should be in master mode, but that means it's transmitting its information, not sending to the port.
JRMSR

Re: Odd issue with Phoenix flight sim...

Post by JRMSR »

Eagle71 wrote:Hi
Go into the openTX
Menue 2/11
Proto: PPMsim 8CH

I hope it helps.

Eagle71
I have ppmsim set, but still have to turn ON Transmitter power for Phoenix Flight sim to see transmitter. Why does er9x in Turnigy 9X work without transmitter power, but openTX in Turnigy 9X requires the power to be turned on. They have to have something wrong/missing in Open9X

Return to “openTx”