openX9D

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
archer183

Re: openX9D

Post by archer183 »

Cool, I will wait for the next update to the svn site to begin playing around with it

thanks
Greg

pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

Is it known yet if the X9D will have an internal Frsky module with onscreen telemetry?
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

my guess is it will pmullen503
they claim telemetry capable everywhere so makes no sense they sell this radio without the best version of frsky module
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I believe there is a new full pxx enabled module on the way.

Guess it will work much like the turnigy one - routing to an internal connector. Either way... Should know sighing 3 months! :)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

pmullen503 wrote:Is it known yet if the X9D will have an internal Frsky module with onscreen telemetry?
Yes, of course, we didn't work on it yet, but we will as soon as basic functions are ok!

Bertrand.

KanishkaRC

Post by KanishkaRC »

Hi,

Can anybody please guide me how to run x9D in the companion9x Simmulator.
Is it necessary to compile x9D separately with SIMU option and apply the object file to companion9x somehow later or whats the correct way of doing it?
bertrand35 wrote:Mike for the moment we only work on the different views and the navigation (with the new keys), it only compiles in "simu" mode.

Code: Select all

make simu PCB=X9D SDCARD=YES
The keys are PageUp for [MENU] and PageDown for [PAGE]. Then Enter for [ENTER], Backspace for [EXIT] + the arrow keys as in the 9X.

Bertrand.
When I tried to build companion9x from the src I got heap of errors presumably because Sky9x (x9D) in our case is not compiled with the SIMU option.
Build log attached.
buildlog.txt
(37.6 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Thanks much.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

"make simu PCB=X9D SDCARD=YES" needs to be done on the open9x source tree, not companion9x's!

With the current svn it will fail to build right now due to some work on the real hardware this weekend though, should be sorted shortly. You can try an older revision, like r1781.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

These errors are now fixed. X9D simulator is not fully ready now (but you will have a good idea of the final result though), we will try to have it ready during the week!

Bertrand.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Believe it only works under linux too?
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

The "simple" simulator from open9x is based on libfox. It only runs on top of linux / mac. The simulator embedded inside companion9x will run on top of all platforms.

Bertrand.
KanishkaRC

Post by KanishkaRC »

Thank you guys very much for the input.
got it done.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Mixer screen reworked ...
snapshot_01.png
snapshot_01.png (2.46 KiB) Viewed 10841 times
Bertrand.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I like that :-)
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm planning on ordering a new Frsky tx when they go on sale. From the leaked photos of the screen shots and some discussions is open9x the FW of choice for the new radio?
Are there any other FW's being beta tested like er9x?
I'm asking because I probably should be using the same FW now on my current tx to become familiar with it.
My main tx has a sky board in it Rev C and I've been using ersky9x. My others use er9x.
What can be told about what the options will be?
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've been workibng on low level drivers for the new FrSky Tx, so haven't had time to do much towards actually getting ersky9x running. Bertrand has been working on open9x user interface and display.
I may now have time to look into ersky9x running. I have done some re-arranging of the code towards this as I have been going along.
The main logical differences are the number and type of switches, and the size of the display.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

ShowMaster wrote:I'm planning on ordering a new Frsky tx when they go on sale. From the leaked photos of the screen shots and some discussions is open9x the FW of choice for the new radio?
Are there any other FW's being beta tested like er9x?
I'm asking because I probably should be using the same FW now on my current tx to become familiar with it.
My main tx has a sky board in it Rev C and I've been using ersky9x. My others use er9x.
What can be told about what the options will be?
SM
To my understanding (and dont take this as gospel truth)

- The system will be released with a firmware of their own on it.
- They will include an option in which you can (for example) insert the sdcard in the slot.. and from that point you run open9x. So the idea is that a version of open9x is on the system and easy for people to use.

- Naturally, the option will be there for other firmwares (erX9D??) to be flashed, and for updates to openX9D to be flashed.

This of course could all change, and is pretty much just how I read things. I suspect they have chosen open9x as the option for a few reasons.

- large developer team support (which also includes Mike :mrgreen: )
- Many people who are within their target market are people who use some of the Multiplex systems. (Glider Nuts). These people are often already using Multiplex, with an frsky module. The open9x flight phases, varios and general glider features really is a plus point to help push people to converting!.

To my understanding, China is having their national holiday. Pretty much everything is shut down now till the end of Feb??

Guess any answers from Eva may take time to come in :D
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks Rob. I'm sure as the release date gets closer more defined details will come out. I haven't used every programming feature yet, just telemetry for altitude and voltage monitoring so I not dedicated to any FW so much. I'll use what's provided and go from there.
I've been doing more repairing for others then programming the last few months.
It's all fun if you can find the time.
SM

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Any way I can get my 9XR firmware on the FrSKY? :shock: (just kidding)
Levictus

Post by Levictus »

All quiet on this topic for over a month! Anyone have any updates, news, working demo unit videos ;)
Crash Test Pilot!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

More activity in the developer threads.

Seems work is all about clean up and making sure works on new hardware revisions :-P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Hopefully not all the beta testing in on the bench. Real flying brings out things like stick movement and drag and trim issues be it FW or hardware. Reports on buddy box operation also.
SM

bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Right we have received the new Tx. FrSky has fixed all hardware issues. Real flights will happen very soon now.

Bertrand.
Levictus

Post by Levictus »

Great news...thanks for the update Rob and Bertrand! Looking forward to hearing more as testing progresses. Looking forward to owning this TX... Thanks for all your work and dedication!
Crash Test Pilot!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

For the pleasure, just a little screenshot of one of the views from the main screen. We have to thank Martin again for the graphics.
snapshot_06.png
snapshot_06.png (3.82 KiB) Viewed 10393 times
snapshot_07.png
snapshot_07.png (4.17 KiB) Viewed 10393 times
Bertrand.

PS: the grey looks a little bit too dark on simu only
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Very nice :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Personally, I like to see the battery voltage clearly. I preferred the double size on a white background, I find standard size on a grey background is not easy to read.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Levictus

Post by Levictus »

Great screenshots...that looks awesome!
Crash Test Pilot!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

TTonight a very close friend of mine showed me his brand new expensive Futaba 14SGA TX. It has incredible features like assignable switches and if you turn it on with throttle up it will give you a warning. He was very impressed that it has an audio jack, and even a place for a memory card, but he has no idea what he'll do with that. All but two of the switches are 3 position switches -- but they put the trainer switch on the right side -- a total departure from Futaba in the past -- and very inconvenient. This transmitter will even do telemetry - but he's not sure how that will work just yet.
I just smiled and nodded -- knowing (hoping) that I'd have one in just a few weeks that will do all that and more. 8-) Ok -- I already do have three that do that and more with the Sky9x radios -- but you know what I mean.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Trainer switch on the right side is usually a heli thing. I acquired a Futaba 10CG which has the trainer switch on the right.
-Gohst
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

All the radios I've had since I fly had the trainer switch on the right side... except the very first (Futaba Skysport 4)

Return to “openTx”