Strange Results

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
MrDFPV

Strange Results

Post by MrDFPV »

Hi Guys..

I've been working on setting up a few quads, using my new Radio Master TX16S..
Iv'e been encountering some weird results in BetaFlight. Using 3 different brand new, Speki+ 12 Ch receivers while trying to iron this out..
Today was the 1st time I was able to get any stick response from the receivers on the computer. I may have been mentally stuck on the fact of thinking that the same Receiver should act the same way on different quads. I know the Roma' has an F5 FC and the LDARC 200GT has an F4 FC. (Doing more research into my hardware, I found out that the Diaton Roma has an F4 FC.. Not an F5. So this adds to the complexity of the issue..
When doing this on an Orange RX6XL (clone of a Spectrum 6Ch). from my DX8, everything works correctly. I wanted a good 2nd radio, but I didnt like the idea of having to carry multipe radios to the field. The strange thing is this.. The AETR channel designation is different when trying to setup the LDARC GT200 6in drone, compared to 2 other Diatone ROMA'S which has the same Speki+ Receivers in them. Also, Even though that stick range was a real b_ch to find at 1st,, I now know too to set up Extended range values to mimic the range values of my DX8. Now here's the kicker,, For some reason, I cannot get low stick too 998 and High Stick too 2000 like I've already setup on the Datone Romas using the same Speki+ receivers. All center stick values are at 1500. I figured I'm missing something but it has me perplexed.. Also note,, I couldn't get the LDARC 200GT to arm, unless I bring the Max Stick Values in BetaFlight down too around 1024 which seems to be the lowest I can set the output to, on any particular channel. The max value is off also.. It"s something like 1970 instead of getting to 2000, or above like my other models. I was able to get it to ARM once today by altering the Max-Min Values limits in BF. I went to check stick output values again, then, it would not work ARM again. I made sure I disconnected from BF when trying this, since BF will not arm when connected to the FC.. This is strange. All other Mode Switches seems to be working correctly. I don't see the ARM Mode highlight in BF like I do with the other modes.. It's like something is turned off, on the ARM channel. I've already put Max Stick Values ON and Extended Trims ON.. I've also re-calibrated the radio multiple times.

Also, Is there a way to set the entire radio to use Extended Limits, instead of having to remember to turn this feature ON, at each model being setup?

Return to “openTx”