throttle mix for smoke system

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Dinom

throttle mix for smoke system

Post by Dinom »

Hi guys, newbie here, i want to do a throttle mix for a smoke system on a tx16s...i.e where i can turn the smoke on and off via a switch and control the flow rate linked to the throttle.. need all the help i can get.. cheers.

123jhe

Re: throttle mix for smoke system

Post by 123jhe »

Hi

I would approach it like this:

1. assign a logical switch to the physical switch you would like to use for on/off switching

2. create a mixer on the channel connected to the smoke engine, use throttle as source AND set switch to the logical switch from step 1

This way throttle gives the input, but only if switch is set to on.
tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

I don't understand why your advised to lonk the fysical switch to a logic switch.

Just create a mixer for the channel that controls your smoke pump and add the desired switch to the mix. This way the function will only be active if you activate the switch.

Maybe you need to add a second line to the mixer to control what the channel does if the switch is inactive
123jhe

Post by 123jhe »

Correct. You can do that on the mixer directly without logical switch. Sorry.

I did that out of habit. You often use a physical switch to control different mixes and so on. That means you configure the same switch with the same 'meaning' in different locations. I always define a logical switch that I use for any function. That way I can reassign the physical with just one cange (connection between physical and logical switch).

Return to “openTx”