Horus X10s express and OpenTX

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
richjanz

Horus X10s express and OpenTX

Post by richjanz »

I recently got my new X10s express and want to flash OpenTX to it . I noticed that version 2.3.5 says it is critical for the X10s. I would like to go to 2.3.7. My question is ,do I need 2.3.5 before going to 2.3.7 or can I just go right to 2.3.7?

rdeanchurch

Re: Horus X10s express and OpenTX

Post by rdeanchurch »

No need to go to 2.3.5.
Going straight to 2.3.7 is fine, it contains all the fixes in 2.3.5 plus new changes.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
youngstar

Post by youngstar »

Hi,
Please can you advise, as above I went straight from fros to 2.3.7 with New Horus x10express.
All was working well until (coincidentally) I put a access recever into model and the sound files stopped working. I then tried with another receiver on an imported model settings from Taranis (all was working fine) but same no sound. The radio boots with the welcome sound but wont play anything for all my models.
Created a New blank model with some switch sounds it works ok.

I did notice the sd download for 2.3.7 with sound had very little sound files on it. So added to sd card under sounds my additional sounds for what i needed with taranis I guess this has something to do with it. Cant understand how it worked for a while but now stopped?
youngstar

Post by youngstar »

Could it be anything to do with Horus requiring a refence to the sound file listings in the System/en-US-taranis.csv file ie. I would have to label all additional sound files I add?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Sounds like you've just got the volume set to 0, possibly by a special/global function.
CSV is for your info, it's not used by the radio.

youngstar

Post by youngstar »

Thank you, not sure why a new model would be ok with sound if it was global?
youngstar

Post by youngstar »

This may give a better idea (sorry new to this) I tried Horus menus, system - sd card - play a given sound with the problem models and no sounds.
Then repeated same with a new model (without creating any Switched.sounds) and the Horus plays any sound file from above location?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Then as said it's a special function that sets volume to 0... That's the only model-specific thing that could cause a sound not to be heard.
youngstar

Post by youngstar »

Hi,
Your totally right (of course) for some reason ( me of course) Within the special fuctions volume for S2 is ticked, this would be for volume control via the pot and elsewhere i must have the pot to off, explains why a new model plays the sound.

Corrected: Sys: Hardware - S2- pot with detent
MDL: Special functions - ON - Volume - Vol - ~

Thank you for saving me hours :)

I 'LLLLL Be BACK
papalima

Post by papalima »

Can someone tell me where can I buy Horus X10S Opentx 2.3 user manual in Europe?

Return to “openTx”