Turning Switches into Buttons?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Durahl

Turning Switches into Buttons?

Post by Durahl »

Greetings!

Sorry for the wall of text ;)

I'm using a FrSky Horus X12S running the latest OpenTX OS for use with my Tamiya 1:16 Tank Models of which one has slightly been modded with extra Electronics for added functionality now causing me some headaches.

To explain my problem:
The original Tank Brain, the Tamiya DMD-T07, operates on only 4CH despite the tank not only being able to perform the primary Drive, Steer, Rotate and Elevate but also the secondary simulate Cannon and MG fire, Lights, Signaling, Modes and Engine ON/OFF. The was how this is being achieved with only 4CH is done via the, normally, analog Trimmers being used to get the Sticks past 100% - Everything below 100% Stick Throw is a primary function and everything above 110% is a secondary.

To solve this problem with my digital Horus X12S ( or my back then Taranis X9D ) I simply limited the primary Functions to 80%, trained the DMD-T07 using those values causing it to recognize these values as 100% and then used the Switches to overwrite the Sticks with MAX ( 100% ) values to simulate the function of an analog Trimmer at 125%.

Some of these Functions require more than one secondary Action to trigger and they need to be done in the proper order otherwise they'll trigger something else - Example: Turning off/on the Engine is being done by Triggering both the Chanel for the Turret and the one for the Cannon but the latter last otherwise it'll just trigger the Cannon firing wich is the same except for the Turret - To solve this I've added a 0.1sec delay to the 2nd Channel which works fine with the Vanilla Tank.

Enter the TVC-GSU-11 Module for the Tank that stabilizes both the Turret and the Gun and that is sleeved in between some of the wiring of the Receiver, DMD-T07, Servo ( Gun ) and Motor ( Turret ).
To accommodate the secondary functions the Module has a 0.2sec delay to the turret wich should prevent the turret from turning while a secondary functions is being used - In theory to the manual and the custom remote suggested in it but not in my praxis with my Horus which brings me...

To my question:
Is it possible to have the Switches of an OpenTX Remote act like a Button sending out a signal for like only 0.1 sec regardless of how long the Switch is bein held high?

Certainly, I could go into the Gym for the next few weeks ( Eye of the Tiger.flac ) and train my fingers to be able to flip a Switch fast enough forth AND back in less than 0.1 sec to stay within the 0.2sec window of the TVC-GSU-11 window but I'd rather just casually flick a Switch and have it only trigger the signal for 0.1sec and then wait for the Switch to be reset again for the next action.

Thanks in Advance! =)

Kilrah

Re: Turning Switches into Buttons?

Post by Kilrah »

The Edge logical switch does that:
screenshot_x12s_20-03-07_09-07-21.png
Durahl

Post by Durahl »

Thanks for having a look at this!

Took me a moment to understand how this is being used but I believe I got it working.

But just to make sure I did it as I was supposed to...
In the Mixes Tab, instead of having SA↓ directly control the Channel it is now being controlled by L01 which is being controlled by SA↓?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes.

Return to “openTx”