Updating firmware on Horus X10

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
GeoffSleath

Updating firmware on Horus X10

Post by GeoffSleath »

I'm running OpenTX v2.2 on my Horus X10 but would like to update to v2.3. It seems the only way is via Companion. I have version 2.3 which reads models from my Horus without trouble but when I try to read the firmware (to back it up) I get a message "Your radio does not seem connected to USB or the driver is not inilialised"

Since it sees the radio well enough to read the model data I assume I need to initialise the driver but what driver, and how? I understand Zadig is now no longer used for serial coms. I would prefer to update independently from Companion if possible. I never use it for setting up models anyway; I always do it on the transmitter with the model alongside.

Geoff

GeoffSleath

Re: Updating firmware on Horus X10

Post by GeoffSleath »

OK, I've done it. Easy when you know that you have to connect the transmitter to the USB port with it switched OFF. Never seems to be easy to remember everything, especially when it's a once every 2 years job!

Geoff
thebriars0

Re: Updating firmware on Horus X10

Post by thebriars0 »

Once again Geoff you are incorrect. You've already made your points on another forum to which I have responded that it is clearly there in the documentation posted in this forum that you do not need the Companion to update. Check page 33 of the Horus section where it tells you how to update without using the Companion.

The documentation was written especially because none of us can remember everything.

Return to “openTx”