Open Tx Simulator problem

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
CoJaW

Open Tx Simulator problem

Post by CoJaW »

I've been following the 'nightlies' development for my newly acquired Jumper T16 and have recently flashed the 'RC' version. All is well with the T16.
However, all the way through this development the OpenTx Companion Simulator has been causing problems. The Tx simulator seems to work, but when I close it OpenTx Companion closes too and fails to save any changes I've made.
If anyone can give me a clue as to what might be wrong I'd appreciate it - even if you tell me I've been doing something silly!
Thanks!

rdeanchurch

Re: Open Tx Simulator problem

Post by rdeanchurch »

If you mean changes you made while in the simulator started from Companion, It is normal to not save changes made by the simulator.
What PC are you using and what operating system.
This did not occur for me on Windows 10 with Conpanion 2.3.RC1
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
CoJaW

Post by CoJaW »

Thanks for your quick response rdeanchurch.
I have found the source of my error!
There is a setting in the Radio Simulator under: 'View - Radio Window - Dock in Main Window'
If this is unticked, then the Radio Simulator runs in its own window and closing this window also closes Companion. I've no idea how I must have cleared this option, but now I understand and all is well with the world! - For now! :oops:
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Wow, you are correct.
I have no idea what "Dock in Main Window" is supposed to do, but I doubt it is supposed to close Companion when it closes.
I think you uncovered a bug.

I checked out on X9D and QX7, and it behaves the same. It is not Jmpr T16 unique.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “openTx”