Help initializing LCD on ar9x

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
driftology

Help initializing LCD on ar9x

Post by driftology »

I have a hopefully easy question. I have a custom radio running an ar9x board (aruni). I have been running ersk9x(tx) for some time on it but I have been curious about opentx and the LUA support. As it is currently configured I have it running a ERC12864FSF-2 display instead of the standard -4 display. Ersky9x can initialize the display but opentx can't. When I flash opentx and copy the sd card, my radio will boot and play audible warnings but the display stays blank. Looking through the opentx github I see that support for this display was added at some point but I'm not sure how its enabled. (https://github.com/opentx/opentx/pull/2189) (https://github.com/opentx/opentx/pull/2 ... 379124e911)
Do I need to edit the firmware myself to enable this or is it already enabled by default and I'm just having an issue with HW. Any info would be helpful.

Kilrah

Re: Help initializing LCD on ar9x

Post by Kilrah »

Lua won't run on this board anyway, the processor it uses doesn't have enough RAM.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What do you need LUA for? erskyTx has a script language of its own that uses much less RAM than LUA does.
It is also possible to upgrade the processor on the AR9X, I have done so to an AR9X board so now have 128K of RAM (instead of 64K). In theory, if you did this, openTx would support LUA, but you would probably need to do a custom build of openTx to enable it.
I have run LUA in erskyTx, but found the lack of RAM on many boards limiting. Also, to be compatible with openTx, I would need to make sure all the special LUA calls in openTx are available.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
driftology

Post by driftology »

Thanks for the quick reply. I was curious about it after using a friends Taranis Q X7 running inav telemetry. I didn't realize the Q had more ram. Well thanks for the help, I will just keep erskyTx on this radio.

Return to “openTx”