tethered for wheelchair

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Mikegrok

tethered for wheelchair

Post by Mikegrok »

I am planning on building a wheelchair with brushless motors. However converting joystick controls while having variable speed options is normally difficult. The opentx differential drive option for dual propeller boats or planes fits my needs nicely. I also like that I can use additional switches to set the max percentage of throttle, or change the joystick mode to spin in place.

However, I don't want to broadcast and receive the control signal, and wonder if there is a local control mode. If not, I can probably use a coax cable and an attenuator instead of antennas.

I will probably use an esc from odriverobotics with rotary encoders set on velocity mode, because drift due to side tilt is a problem with most chairs.

Kilrah

Re: tethered for wheelchair

Post by Kilrah »

You can set OpenTX to output SBUS on the external module port, connect an SBUS-PWM converter to that and you're done.

Return to “openTx”