Have OpenTX Announce the (Real-)Time

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
rdeanchurch

Re: Have OpenTX Announce the (Real-)Time

Post by rdeanchurch »

I think it would have to be done with a lua script.
MiamiMike had a script to announce the time of day on his RCGroup blog.
Using it as a starting point I changed it to announce as a specified period of minutes.
I have tested it somewhat in Companion and believe it should work on the radio, but exhaustive testing of all possible times and rollover points would be extremely time consuming.
You are welcome to try it if you want.

It involves adding a lua script to the sd card at sd/SCRIPTS/FUNCTIONS and adding a folder of sounds to the sd/SOUNDS/en/ as SAYTIME folder. The SayTime.zip file must be un-zipped, of course.

It works easiest by using a global function to invoke the lua script.
If the Inactivity Alarm is not set to zero that will be real annoying interruption if you just leave the transmitter on while not flying.

Global Functions are only available in more current versions of OpenTX. Versions 2.2.0 upward I believe.

The attached speaks the time every 5 minutes. To change that you must edit the script and change 'period' to the desired minutes. This must be done in a relatively simple editor that does not use formatting. Notepad++ works well for me.

Edit: It works on a QX7 using OpenTx 2.2.4

Please let me know if you try it and find any problems.
[email protected]
Attachments
SAYTIME.zip
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
PrdTim.lua
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “openTx”