Data Logging question

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
pmullen503

Data Logging question

Post by pmullen503 »

I would like to limit the size of the SD logging file and have it broken into just the actual flights.

When SD Logging is on, a new "flight" is recorded from the moment logging is turned on until the TX is turned off. Is there a way to record a new "flight" without turning the turning the TX off and on?

There is a SD logging on switch but there doesn't seem to be an SD logging off. Setting the the parameter to "0" seems to stop recording values but doesn't signify a new flight. Resetting flight at the TX doesn't seem to do it either.

Kilrah

Re: Data Logging question

Post by Kilrah »

SD logging stops when the "SD logging on" switch is turned off, and yes the next time you start it companion will see it as a new flight...
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

Putting SD logging on a switch allows me to start logging at the beginning of a flight. Once turned on, turning off SD logging does give a string of zero values (which is useful in finding the end of flights) but it does not result in a new session when logging is turned back on. It still seems like I have to turn the TX off and on to get a new session.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That's not at all what it's programmed to do. It just stops recording and doesn't insert anything. Companion recognises sessions by the gap in timestamp when you start again.

What radio/version?
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

opentx-x9d ver 2.2.3 on an early Taranis X9D.

I think I have it figured out. I tested logging again by turning off logging for 10, 20, 30sec, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes and 10 minutes. The first four (up to 1 minute off) went all on the same session with nulls between. The rest were logged as separate sessions. As long as logging is shut off for more than a minute, a new session will be logged. So it appears that the time gap must be large enough to be recognised as separate sessions.

Return to “openTx”