No throttle using Irange X with a DSMX receiver

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bpjacobsen

No throttle using Irange X with a DSMX receiver

Post by bpjacobsen »

pulling my hair out trying to decipher why I have no throttle on my plane. It's a standard setup with two ailerons. Everything but throttle is working. Here is what I have tried:

1. another receiver
2. another esc
3. another motor
4. all 3.

On the motor mounted to the plane, it's completely dead, no sounds, nothing. On the motor I used for testing, it beeps constantly and pulsates. I thought for sure, one of the electronic components would pan out to be bad, but two sets? I doubt it. Is there something wrong with my radio setup? I have a Tundra with essentially the same setup but it's working perfectly. I attached screenshots of my settings. Again, keep in mind, same setup as my working tundra, both DSMX receivers. only difference is the Tundra is using a telemetry enabled Lemon Rx receiver. The glider is using a knockoff orange Rx non-telemetry receiver which previously was working fine and I tried two duplicate receivers. using the Irange x multiprotocol which requires the order of AETR. someone on another forum said to post this here b/c it's more of an issue with the module and not a FrSky issue.
Attachments
settings.png

Kilrah

Re: No throttle using Irange X with a DSMX receiver

Post by Kilrah »

Do you see the throttle channel move in the channel monitor? Does a servo move if you connect it to the throttle channel?
bpjacobsen

Re: No throttle using Irange X with a DSMX receiver

Post by bpjacobsen »

Nevermind. it's working now and now idea why. I plugged in a different lipo and the motor finally kicked on. so I put the other lipo back in and that works now too. no clue what that was about. sheesh!

Return to “openTx”