Variable Speed on Motors

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
rwilabee

Variable Speed on Motors

Post by rwilabee »

I'm going to switch my electric float plane with 2 motors from my Futaba to my X10S. I have each motor set up on a seperate channel. I have a switch set up to couple the throttle on the motors to the rudder. This way on taxi out as I move the rudder to the right I will get more throttle on the left motor and when I move the rudder stick to the left I get more throttle on the right motor. This helps with taxing out from the shore.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this in OpenTX

I just found a video on line on how to do this.

Daedalus66

Re: Variable Speed on Motors

Post by Daedalus66 »

rwilabee wrote:I'm going to switch my electric float plane with 2 motors from my Futaba to my X10S. I have each motor set up on a seperate channel. I have a switch set up to couple the throttle on the motors to the rudder. This way on taxi out as I move the rudder to the right I will get more throttle on the left motor and when I move the rudder stick to the left I get more throttle on the right motor. This helps with taxing out from the shore.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this in OpenTX

I just found a video on line on how to do this.
With electric powered twin motor models, the programming must slow down the inner motor, not speed up the outer. The way you had it creates a dangerous situation in which with the motors stopped, applying rudder can cause one motor to start. Make sure the video does it the right way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “openTx”