Making calculations on Telemetry Values

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
ozphoenix

Making calculations on Telemetry Values

Post by ozphoenix »

Newbie to OpenTX 2.2.3, now have it on my FrSky X12S (I have been using Ersk9x on my 9XRPro and my QX7) -- I use MLVSS in my larger planes and have an audio special function to audio/read out flight pack voltage -- that works ok for me. I also use a widget (on FrSKy X12S) to display pack voltage and remaining percentage -- that works ok for me, also. But, how do I have an audio/read out of the PERCENTAGE remaining figure (not the voltage) of flying power? I usually like to start to make my landing approaches at 20% remaining, to give a margin for go-arounds, if necessary.
I can only see how to display remaining % in the widget, not play it as a value.
In ErSky9x, without LUA or any other programming, I could read the pack voltage telemetry data, feed it to a Global Scaler, offset/deduct the minimum pack voltage I am prepared to fly with and then convert the remaining amount as a percentage amount and audio that out.
I cannot see how to achieve that in OpenTX. I've tried Adding a New Sensor (Custom), I've tried Global Variable Change, I've tried Special Function options, I've tried creating a new Input. To no avail. Can only audio remaining voltage, but not remaining percentage.
Can some of the more experienced OpenTX users enlighten me to the trick (without using LUA scripting) if it exists, please?
TIA
ozphoenix

3djc

Re: Making calculations on Telemetry Values

Post by 3djc »

Don't think you can without resorting to tricks way more complicated than using a simple LUA mixer scrip (which bye the way, solves the non linearity of lipo voltage vs percentage issue)

3djc
ozphoenix

Re: Making calculations on Telemetry Values

Post by ozphoenix »

Thanks for your reply, even though you say that it is not a simple thing to do without LUA. Since I have not used LUA and don't feel that I should have to learn to write scripts to do something that is relatively simple in another OS, I guess I'll pass on it for now and hope that this type of calculation is added to OpenTX in the near future - as a general class of calculations, this adds lots of power to your telemetry without having to resort to LUA.

Return to “openTx”