change throttle warning value

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bvhoesel

change throttle warning value

Post by bvhoesel »

Hi. New on OpenTX. Using latest OpenTX (2.2.3) on X9D+ for a (pimped) car. For a car the idle throttle is on 0 (having forward and reverse) and not on -100 (as for most flying models). So, I would like the startup throttle warning 0 and not -100. I cannot find an item where the warning value can be set. I can only enable or disable it. Already search the forum and further, but no luck so far. Is there an alternative way to enable such a warning on startup of the model / transmitter?

Kilrah

Re: change throttle warning value

Post by Kilrah »

You can add a model checklist hand have that display "center throttle" but you'll have to skip it manually.
bvhoesel

Post by bvhoesel »

That's a interesting idea but not really what I am after. Not really a physical block. For now I have enabled a switch test and joined it to the throttle. It is a bit similar to the checklist but I think that it is more 'physical' then the checklist. Still some manual action. First center the throttle before pulling the switch. Anyway thanks for the response.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Depending on how badly you want that feature on your radio, you could try to flash Ersky9x. It does what you want. :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

I run a boat and cars on a QX7 using OpenTx. I just use the elevator channel for throttle and it is spring loaded to center.
No need for a checklist or throttle warning, although it would be easy to add a logical switch and special function to check for zero and special function to play an audio message.
LSy a~x Thr 0 // Throttle approx. zero
LSy a=x Thr 0 // Throttle exactly zero, Thr values are -100 to +100

and special function
SFy !LSy Play track ThrNt0
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

bvhoesel

Post by bvhoesel »

@jhsa.
Thanks for the reference. Will dive into Ersky9x and see what it brings.
@rdeanchurch.
I already looked into the special functions. But so far I did not find a way to get it working on 'startup'. Will take another look into that.
bvhoesel

Post by bvhoesel »

ErSky9x is a bridge to far for now. Maybe check it out in the future.

Sort of 'solved' in the following way:

Logical switch (added a 'master switch' as context, this one is also joined to the throttle itself):
LSy |a|>x Thr 4 AND SF^

Special function:
SFy LSy Play track ThrAlert

It does not behave exactly the same as the throttle warning. But this construct alerts audible for the (in)correct setting but does not prevent the message from repeating when moving the stick. But that's alright for now.

One weird thing the, a~x logical switch function was not working. It did have no effect in combination with the special function. Did not matter if I negated or not, the logical switch. The combination always fired on the logical switch value. The abs value is similar in this situation.

People, thanks for the hints.

Return to “openTx”