Switch warnings

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
pchristy

Switch warnings

Post by pchristy »

OK, this is a bit of an unusual one - and may end up as a feature request if it can't be done already!

Is it possible to set a warning when a switch is NOT in a specific position?

I have a couple of electric helis - one very large - and I use SF as a "throttle hold" to prevent an accidental startup if the stick gets knocked. So far, so good. The issue is that should the switch get knocked when the stick is not fully shut, the motor will start instantly. To get around this, I use a second switch (SA) as a safety switch, so that BOTH SA and SF must be "up" before the motor will start. The problem is that SA is a 3-position switch, so I need a warning when SA is NOT up ie: when it is either down or in the middle. I can't find an easy way of doing this.

BTW, I know about the "sticky throttle" solution, but I'm not sure that is right for this application. One of the helis is an old Schluter HueyCobra (fixed pitch and BIG!), and should I accidentally knock a switch in flight, I want the motor to restart instantly as soon as I flick it back, not have to go through the "shut throttle routine" whilst in panic mode!

I've also considered a logical switch, but this would be active all the time, and not just at switch on.

Ideas, anyone?

Cheers,

--
Pete

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Switch warnings

Post by MikeB »

Use !SA^ (read as "not SA up") as warning control.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
pchristy

Re: Switch warnings

Post by pchristy »

Hi Mike,
I'm not quite with you. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I'm talking about the "switch on" warnings you get when you first power up the Tx - or switch models. As far as I can see, the only way to change these is to put the switches in the desired position and do a long "enter" whilst on the radio set up page. This doesn't offer a "not SA up" option, as far as I can see.

I agree I could make up a generic warning, but this would always be active, not just at power on, and I already have a couple of logical switches set to yell "motor armed" or "motor disabled" depending on the state of the switches. A new warning based solely on SA might conflict with these.

Cheers,

--
Pete

Return to “openTx”