confusion and question on otx2.2.3

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
POPS

confusion and question on otx2.2.3

Post by POPS »

Hello all,

I am a beginner this is a list of what I am using: FRsky taranis qx9 Plus, X8R receiver, FLVSS lipo volt sensor, WIN7 64 bit, Pixhawk 2x. Have been trying to make all this talk and sofar not much luck.

Upgraded from Companion 2.2.2 to Companion 2.2.3, attached screen shot.

Then downloaded opentx 2.2.3 bin. When trying to flash the firmware I think that is what it is called. I get a message can't be done, there is an attached screen shot for this also.

I have installed dfu-util in the directory as instructed.

This all happened while I was trying to get the telemetry working. The only sensor that could be found was CELS, but no lowest cel or anything.

Frustrated and hope someone can point me in right direction.
Thanks,
Al
Attachments
flash error message.PNG
otx vomp version.PNG

3djc

Re: confusion and question on otx2.2.3

Post by 3djc »

Yes, you seem to be mixing quite a few things, which can happen at first.

- Flash the firmware : are you connecting the radio in 'bootloader' mode (ie turn on while holding the two horinzontal trim button toward center ? The screen should display a title like OTX bootloader

- Lowest cell : perfectly normal, the CELS sensor sends you the voltage for all the lipo cells. If you are interested in the lowest one (which is very good), you need to create a calculated sensor that will give you the lowest cell. In telemetry screen, add sensor, give it a name, LOWC for exemple, type : calculated, formula : Cell, select you CELS sensor, cell index : lowest

3djc
POPS

Post by POPS »

Thank you, I appreciate the quick response. The Lowest cell works perfectly. I missed the select CELS sensor, and the cell index.

Flash firmware, I have set the "Bootloader" mode and see the correct screen. Sorry for not posting a png of the radio. Then after clicking send to radio I get the message or errors. Took a moment to set the path for the Dfu-util, then get the last message.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

But dfu-util is not used when the radio is in bootloader mode. And Zadig only applies to flashing firmware with the radio OFF. If you messed with it while the radio is connected in bootloader mode you messed up the mass storage driver. Do you now see the 2 drives appear when connecting in bootloader mode?
POPS

Post by POPS »

I have been looking everywhere for what driver is needed for the Taranis qx9, with no luck. Dfu-util is not correct, however it seems that something called stm?-dfu is needed I have watched the video from Scott page. Cannot find STM32 Bootloader, I am running win 7 64 bit.

I have zadig 2.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Al

thebriars0

Post by thebriars0 »

There's full documentation in this section of the forum, just above your post.

OpenTX Documentation

Section 7 covers updating the firmware on the Taranis, and section 6 covers telemetry.

Return to “openTx”