Barn door flaps on Tundra w OpenTX

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Raglanmatt

Barn door flaps on Tundra w OpenTX

Post by Raglanmatt »

Kia ora all. I have 3 pos flaps running on a switch using a curve and delay on Tundra for general flying. I want to add a second switch to barn door the flaps instantly. I've tried adding a second line on the same channel with the switch adding a weight of 200. Both lines work fine on their own but when I put them both onto the same channel only the bottom one works. I've tried changing the add / multiply /replace lines but that didn't do anything. I'm doing all this in mixes with nothing in inputs. Any ideas? Cheers, Matt

jhsa

Re: Barn door flaps on Tundra w OpenTX

Post by jhsa »

You could try using flight modes..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
rdeanchurch

Re: Barn door flaps on Tundra w OpenTX

Post by rdeanchurch »

(I assume by barndoor you mean flaps at essentially 90 degrees down to the wing chord.)

But if you already getting 100 on your channel monitor for 'normal' down flaps, you can't get more unless change the OUTPUTS line for that mix.
This may stress your servo...even to the point of stripping gears.

If that is the case, you must reduce the weight on your 'normal' flap switch and make mechanical adjustments to get more flap movement for smaller servo movement.

Then your second mix for barndoor can have an effect.
Add should do it, bur replace could work also.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “openTx”