Telemetry issue upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
rgaynor

Telemetry issue upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2

Post by rgaynor »

I programmed the SH toggle switch on my Taranis Plus radio to provide instant RSSI and telemetry readout. This feature worked fine in 2.1, but no longer works in 2.2. I did change all my audio files (limit to 6 characters) so that they play in the "Play Track" mode. All my audio works fine - just can't get the "Play Value" audio to work. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks - Ron

rdeanchurch

Re: Telemetry issue upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2

Post by rdeanchurch »

Did you re-Discover sensors? This is necessary in 2.2
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

rdeanchurch wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:33 pm Did you re-Discover sensors? This is necessary in 2.2
Hi Dean - thanks for jumping in. I did not perform that function. How do you "re-discover sensors"? Is there a link you can direct me to? Thanks again.
Ron
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

You have to do it on the transmitter with the receiver and all sensors you want to see bound and powered on.
Short press MENU, then PAGE to the telemetry screen, then scroll down to 'Discover new sensors, ENTER that when it is highlighted. Wait a while to make sure all your sensors show up. If no sensors you should still get rssi and rxbat. (Assuming the receivers are capable of telemetry.)

There may be a UTube video, I've never looked.
OK, there is at least one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1qd5VfPRP4
Dean
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

rdeanchurch wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm You have to do it on the transmitter with the receiver and all sensors you want to see bound and powered on.
Short press MENU, then PAGE to the telemetry screen, then scroll down to 'Discover new sensors, ENTER that when it is highlighted. Wait a while to make sure all your sensors show up. If no sensors you should still get rssi and rxbat. (Assuming the receivers are capable of telemetry.)

There may be a UTube video, I've never looked.
OK, there is at least one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1qd5VfPRP4
I performed the new discovery, but still am not getting a value audio call out when I hit the momentary SH switch. Do I need to first delete all sensors first and then re-discover them?

rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Is RSSI showing up under the sensor list?

If it is did you re-enter the special function(SF) for Play Value RSSI? If you used the old SF, it may not be picking up RSSI in the same place in the table it expected it to be.

If not what receiver are you using?
Dean
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

RSSI is showing up on the sensor list along with my voltage sensor. Per your question, "did you re-enter the special function(SF) for Play Value RSSI? " I did not change or enter any new information since the upgrade. I am using R8X receivers
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

R8X should be great.
In the SF there should be something like
SF Shdwn Play Value TeleX:RSSI.
You need to make sure the X in TeleX matches what is on the telemetry page.
So just go to the SF for ShDwn and look at the pull down menu associated with the parameter matches the Telemetry page for X.
Dean
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

rgaynor wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:56 pm Per your question, "did you re-enter the special function(SF) for Play Value RSSI? " I did not change or enter any new information since the upgrade. I am using R8X receivers
Everything telemetry related (LS, SF...) needs to be reconfigured.
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

Hi Dean - I believe my settings are correct based on what you are suggesting. That said, I am attaching a photo of the telemetry page on my radio (plane hooked up to a lipo), the computer screen shot of my Logical Switches, Special Function, and Telemetry page. I would greatly appreciate if you could review and let me know if something is out of whack. Thanks much!
Attachments
Telemetry.jpg
Special Function.jpg
Logical Switch.jpg
Radio Telemetry.jpg
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Nice collection of models;-)
Did you read Kilrah's post. He knows more about OpenTx than I do ... by a lot!

That being said, I can't see an obvious error in your setup.
Can you play values of any of SF17:SF21 ?
Do they play in either Companion or on the transmitter?

Post your .otx and let me try, if you want to.
Dean
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

Thanks Dean - I am truly enjoying the build and flying of this collection. To your question, none of the play values read out when I hit the SH switch. Attached is my .otx file. Once again- greatly appreciate your help with this.
Attachments
Gaynor Taranis 10-31-18.otx
(19.7 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

I only tested for rssi = 75 and 40 and Cell = 3.3 and 3.56. All played fine in the simulator using the telemetry simulator.
Are you sound files up todate? You said you changed filenames to 6 characters or less. If you only mean the extra audio sounds you have added fine. But the while SD for 2.2 should have been copied over then add you special files.
Is your SD a copy of sds-x9-2.2V0018 (my name is shortened from the download version if I recall correctly)

Your SD should have a file on it 'opentx.sdcard.version' with the contents "2.2V0018". Of primary importance is the contents of the SOUNDS/en/SYSTEM folder.

I tested in 2.2.3N683 but I have not seen any changes in telemetry behavior over standard 2.2.2
Dean
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

A friend of mine, who is also a Taranis User, downloaded the new sound files and I copied them into CompanionTX and on my SD card. I also copied the opentx.sdcard.version' onto the SD card. That all said, I am not following you on what I should now be checking. BTW - when you played my files on your Simulator, are you saying that you heard an audio readout for the RSSI, battery and timer when you click the SH switch?
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

SystemFolder.PNG
Yep, I heard the sounds. I checked for SF17,18 and 19....they are not dependent on SHdwn. I did check SHdwn for rssi reading. But not for timer.

What I wanted you to check was if you had the SYSTEM folder and its sounds. Assuming you are using English as a language (your country is not set in your profile...but I assume you are a native English speaker,) they should be on the SD under SD/SOUNDS/en/SYSTEM. SYSTEM is the folder required for Play Value to get numbers and units.
Dean
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

BINGO!!! For some reason, I did not copy the SYSTEM folder over when changing the audio files. Everything now works. THANK YOU!! Really appreciate all your time. Take care and happy flying! Ron
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Great. It is good to see a resolution. Have fun!
Dean
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

Thanks much - !!

Return to “openTx”