Scale the resultant signal of all other mix signals, resultant signal changing sign

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
loadlover

Scale the resultant signal of all other mix signals, resultant signal changing sign

Post by loadlover »

Hi,

Can I use a mix to scale the resultant signal of all other mixed signals *when the resultant signal goes from a negative value to a positive value*?

To clarify further: OpenTx uses signals going from -100 to +100. Scaling a signal would be easy if it were 0 to 100. But it isn't..

The origin is (-100, -100), which should not change.

rdeanchurch

Re: Scale the resultant signal of all other mix signals, resultant signal changing sign

Post by rdeanchurch »

Use a curve on each mix on the channel. The curve would be 0 at -100 and 100 at 100.
Or use an offset of 100 and a weight of 100.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
loadlover

Re: Scale the resultant signal of all other mix signals, resultant signal changing sign

Post by loadlover »

I see where you're going by making everything in the positive domain, but surely this will offset the whole channel making my multirotor unflyable..
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Some radios display 0 to 100 for the full range. Other radios display -100 to 100 for the same range.. the channel output might be the same values on both cases. It is just the way it is displayed that is different, not the way it works.
Well, actually -100 to 100 display the double of the steps. I think I actually prefer it. :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Multiply with a 2-point curve that goes from -100,0 to +100,+100?

loadlover

Post by loadlover »

@Kilrah - I tried that. The problem is that you end up scaling relative to the x-axis - which is fine if there are no negative values. It does not give the desired effect if there are. What I'd like to achieve is scaling relative to a line parallel to the x-axis at y = -100.

I tried simply offsetting all the existing mixes by +100 so that they could then be scaled by a final mix, but this just messes everything up. The offsetting needs to be done before we get to the mixes.. hmm..
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Depending on exactly what you are trying to do (e.g. what you wish to scale by, constant or variable), you can use three mixes:
Add Weight(0), offset(100)
Multiply - whatever you need
Add Weight(0), offset(-100)

If, say, using a pot for the scaling, you could try two mixes:
Multiply S1 weight(50) offset(50)
Add S1 weight(50) offset(-50)

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
loadlover

Post by loadlover »

MikeB wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:56 pm Depending on exactly what you are trying to do (e.g. what you wish to scale by, constant or variable), you can use three mixes:
Add Weight(0), offset(100)
Multiply - whatever you need
Add Weight(0), offset(-100)

If, say, using a pot for the scaling, you could try two mixes:
Multiply S1 weight(50) offset(50)
Add S1 weight(50) offset(-50)

Mike
Thanks Mike. That works perfectly.

Return to “openTx”