Just a bit thick?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mclags

Just a bit thick?

Post by mclags »

Hey all, now I may just be having an off day here but this stupid light is kicking my arse.

Here's a link to what I have :
https://astecmodels.co.uk/shop/product_ ... cts_id=491

Now when plugged into rx the light is always on, flicking the relevant switch changes its mode. I want to have it turn on and off on a switch without changing modes once I have the one I want.

Help please, been an hour and I'm going crazy!
Hahahaha

3djc

Re: Just a bit thick?

Post by 3djc »

According to your product page : The beacon has 5 modes, Rotate fast, Rotate slow , flash fast , flash slow and off. The modes are accessed sequentially.

So off seems part of the sequence, and it does not look like you have a on/off to last selected mode available
thebriars0

Post by thebriars0 »

You will have to use a separate channel and tx switch to turn the light on and off. Something like this:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-rec ... tch-1.html
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It looks like the light you have simply doesn't do what you want.
thebriars0

Post by thebriars0 »

Depends on whether it stays at last mode selected, or more likely restarts sequence.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

His whole problem description is precisely that it's always starting on the first sequence item instead of the last mode he was on when powering off like he wants.

If that's what it does then there's no miracle solution to make it do something else.
At best he could do a slightly automated workaround that blips the channel the correct number of times either with a single press or automatically, but with caveats like the radio needing to be powered lastor such.
mclags

Post by mclags »

Thanks for your thoughts guys.
I figured I would try taking out the signal pin and turn it on and off using a servo as a controller. Same way guys use them for rc crawler winches.
It worked........briefly.
Powered it on and it started cycling all the modes which looked OK, it didn't like that tho and got very hot and then died. So that was $20 down the crapper, dammit.
Any suggestions on finding one that'll do what I want?

Return to “openTx”