OpenTX 2.2.2: Horus X12S 6 Position Switch 2 positions only

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mbrund

OpenTX 2.2.2: Horus X12S 6 Position Switch 2 positions only

Post by mbrund »

I just purchased a used Horus X12S and installed OpenTX 2.2.2 on it this morning. I have been through the calibration setup several times but I am unable to get the 6 position switch to work properly. Position 1-5 are all detected as 1 and 6 is detected but does not show on the switch position sensor screen. It will not calibrate beyond 1. When I go to the MIXER screen and setup the switch to a channel and then rotate the switch, the switch shows -100 at the bottom until I hit position 6 and then it say 100.

While I was configuring channel 7 (where I want the 6 position switch), I highlighted the SOURCE and I have to rotate the 6P all the way from 1 to 6 to get the SOURCE to detect it. Also when I try to configure SPECIAL FUNCTIONS I am only seeing 6P1 and 6P2, 6P3-6P6 are all missing. Not sure what is up. Is this a bad switch, or something odd in how OpenTX has enumerated the switch. NOTE: In the HARDWARE screen under POTS 6P is listed as Multipos Switch.

Dont have a lot of hair to pull out of my head anymore :lol: , looking for some direction...

Kilrah

Re: OpenTX 2.2.2: Horus X12S 6 Position Switch 2 positions only

Post by Kilrah »

When you calibrate does the bar (don't look at the number) move to disctinct heights for all 6 positions?
mbrund

Post by mbrund »

Kilrah wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 am When you calibrate does the bar (don't look at the number) move to disctinct heights for all 6 positions?
No it would not. It was stuck far left (i.e. the ONE position).

I finally looked around the radio via OpenTX Companion and under Radio Settings went to the Calibration Tab and found that the 6P had some odd settings. I changed them by hand and wrote the setting back out to the radio, and then re-ran calibration, and then when I moved the switch slowly between positions it calibrated properly and now it works.

I have since built a special Curve and mapped it to 6P to make it into a 3 position switch that will work for the DJI A2 Flight Mode on my S900. I have it set to 1 = GPS Atti, 2 -= Atti and 3 = Manual, then I replicated 1/2/3 to switch positions 4/5/6 so that 4 = GPS Atti, 5 = Atti and 6 = Manual. That way no matter if I overshoot I am still setting it to some correct value regardless.
JWA

Post by JWA »

Place the switch in the 3 position prior to calibrating. It's a quirk in the system that has been there for awhile.

Return to “openTx”