Variable End Point?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mapes12

Variable End Point?

Post by mapes12 »

I'm installing a Bavarian Demon Cortex in a petrol model. The tutorial vid shows a 3 POS switch being used to change flight modes. A Spectrum radio is used in the vid and it recommends using "end points" the adjust the gain. In OpenTX I can assign a 3 POS switch just the same as in the vid but I'm thinking of using a knob to adjust the gain on the fly. How can this be accomplished please?

Richard

Re: Variable End Point?

Post by Richard »

I am assuming here your Gyro accepts an input for variable gain. The way to achieve that, is to assign the knob to a channel, and use that channel to control the gain. I have that implemented with a Hobby Eagle A3SII, and works just fine. Hopefully you have two free channels in the receiver (one for mode and other for gain), otherwise, you will have to use SBUS between the Gyro and the RX. Another option is to use both the normal PWM channels and the "SBUS decoder" to extract extra 4 channels from the SBUS to the Gyro.
Hope all this help, otherwise, let me know.
Richard

Return to “openTx”