No Radio Found in Companion! Please HELP!

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
redline870

No Radio Found in Companion! Please HELP!

Post by redline870 »

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum! I'm having trouble updating firmware on a FrSky Taranis X9D Plus and something very strange is happening. So yesterday I updated the firmware on my radio to 2.1.9 from 2.0.X (I don't remember which version is was). I updated it following a YouTube tutorial and everything went perfectly. I even updated the sounds to the "Amber" sounds. When I plugged the radio in, I was able to see it in "My Computer" under "Devices with Removable Storage".

Today I went to update my next Taranis X9D Plus which I use for work, same exact radio. This time, the radio does not show up in "My Computer" and is not found in Companion 2.1 or Companion 2.0. I thought that maybe there was a problem with this radio so I plugged in the one I updated yesterday. Now this radio is not found either! I tried uninstalling both versions of Companion as well as the drivers. I "Rolled Back" the driver under "Devices and Printers". I tried re-installing both versions of Companion as well as the drivers with no success. When I go to "Devices and Printers" I see it labeled as "FrSky Taranis Bootloader" but it does not show up in "My Computer" anymore and is not recognized by Companion. Companion continues to say "No Radio was Found".

I'm so frustrated! How did it work perfectly yesterday but will not work today?! Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any ideas what I need to do differently?

Kilrah

Re: No Radio Found in Companion! Please HELP!

Post by Kilrah »

Right click "FrSky Taranis Bootloader", Uninstall, tick Remove Driver, OK, unplug cable and replug.
redline870

Post by redline870 »

Kilrah wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:10 pm Right click "FrSky Taranis Bootloader", Uninstall, tick Remove Driver, OK, unplug cable and replug.
UNBELIEVABLE! GENIUS! How did you know this?! Thanks for the amazingly fast response! I've been dealing with this for hours! I had to check the box to delete the driver files for it to work, but needless to say I figured it out.
airbornePregnantCow

Post by airbornePregnantCow »

Necroing this topic.

Radio: Frsky X-lite running openTX 2.2.3
Software: OpenTX companion 2.2.3

Problem: DFU-Util doesn't see radio. (https://imgur.com/a/PvWdnuq) Cannot read model data, cannot read firmware.

Attempted resolution:
* Connected to USB 3.0 port, device is detected via USB, but DFU fails.
* Connected to USB 2.0 port, device is detected via USB, but DFU fails.
* Booted in normal mode, connected as Joystick. Windows sees joystick (https://imgur.com/a/nFEXa4k), but device not detected by DFU.
* Booted in normal mode, connected as SD card. Windows sees SD card, but device not detected by DFU.
* Replaced DFU install embedded in opentx, 0.7 default with 0.9. dfu-util -l still does not list any devices.
* Replaced USB driver using zadig with winusb. No effect outside oif
* Replaced USB driver using zadig with libusb. No effect.
* Replaced USB driver using zadig with libusbK. No effect.
* Perofmed all applicable steps while entering X-lite bootloader using trim+power. Device is recognized by Windows (https://imgur.com/a/PvWdnuq), but not DFU.
* Uninstalled FrSky Taranic Radio USB Device from under Device Manager->Disk Devices. No effect.
* Tried known good micro-USB cables

Misc:
* It used to work at some point when I upgraded stock FW. I forgot whatever arcane hax I performed on the device to make it work.
* Zadig reports 0 devices in normal mode. In advanced mode, the device driver for the mass storage device can be overridden.
* No matter what I did, dfu-util does not show DFU compatible devices
* As I was typing this, it WORKED. Once, on USB2 on SD card mode. Successfully created model and wrote to EEPROM. Stopped working second time I plugged it in and refuses to do that trick where it worked again.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Why do you want DFU in the first place? This is ONLY for flashing with power off, not for model data access nor flashing in the recommended bootloader mode.

DO NOT play with DFU or Zadig while in bootloader mode. Uninstall the device while in bootloader mode, making sure to select "remove driver" to clean up the mess.

clairekp

Post by clairekp »

I dont see the Taranis on my computer it will upload the firmware and I checked for updates. When I click on OpenTX Companion it says "No Radio Found".I don't see it on my computer besides peripheral devices but not through standard ports like USB etc. What do you mean by uninstalling Frsky Taranis Bootloader? I dont see that option available...
saintofinternet

Post by saintofinternet »

With Win10 and latest OPENTX Companion the Radio is not getting detected. It was working like charm on Win7 but since the upgrade to Win10 it's become a nightmare!

Any inputs?

Return to “openTx”