Update from 2.3.1 to 2.3.9 external rf entry deleted or set to off on old saved models

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
xeniter

Update from 2.3.1 to 2.3.9 external rf entry deleted or set to off on old saved models

Post by xeniter » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:24 pm

hi,

i used opentx 2.3.1 and upgraded it to 2.3.9

now external hf is set to off (was before set to crsf / crossfire) and i am not abled to choose anyone.
is this known behavior or a bug?
Cause i have to create a new modell to be able to choose crsf again for external hf.

yours,
Manuel

3djc

Re: Update from 2.3.1 to 2.3.9 external rf entry deleted or set to off on old saved models

Post by 3djc » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:55 pm

No, first time we hear that. Do you have a backup of your 2.3.1 files ? What radio ?

xeniter

Re: Update from 2.3.1 to 2.3.9 external rf entry deleted or set to off on old saved models

Post by xeniter » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:01 pm

hi,
thanks for fast answer,

radio is taranis Qx7 (flashed: opentx-x7-lua-noheli-en)
with Crossfire MicroTx Modul
+ inverter mode for 400k baud

opentx.sdcard.version
OLD: 2.3V0022
NEW: 2.3V0029

Backup:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a4e6b4 ... 849/58e506
Modelname: five33

how can i help to debug?
wanted to upgrade in steps, wasn't able to find opentx 2.3.2 binary.

3djc

Post by 3djc » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:06 am

There is no need for steps in the same major (2.3.x), there is actually no data conversion within a branch. We will have a look at your file

3djc

Post by 3djc » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:10 am

I flashed your firmware, loaded your eeprom, downloaded 2.3.9, flashed 2.3.9, working fine, cannot replicate your issue, even with your eeprom

xeniter

Post by xeniter » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:45 pm

thanks for the great effort and support here!

weird that it worked for you, and also strange that when i tried now to downgrade via pc and my taranis didn't boot anymore....
assumed already brick but pressing fast power button helped and bootloader appeared again.
Did readout of firmware again via companion, got same binary after flashing, however when i restart taranis which did not boot, even the background of lcd did not light up, i went back to bootloader mode and read firmware back via companion, the binary was different???

at least the start of the read back binary looks the same (see firmware5.bin, firmware4 is my old 2.3.1 firmware)
So no idea what is going on here, however i changed to the upgrade to the sdcard method and luckily this worked properly and booted up again normally.

So i made a video:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
first i show how i can choose external receiver in 2.3.1
after that i upgrade to 2.3.9
now its not possible for the old models to select a external receiver
however if i create a new model its possible.

https://we.tl/t-3Ouk2Bk7yW

at least it boots again and creating new hardware modell i can select external hf.
question is is it worth to look more into it? i dont trust anything here anymore...

yours,
Manuel

3djc

Post by 3djc » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:34 am

I watch your video again and may have found what happens. Your trainer is set to master/CPPM, which is using external bay. You should NOT have been able to select this AND have an extternal module setup. Possibly due to an earlier bug you where able to, but this should not be the case.. So rightfully, 2.3.9 will not let you select an external module while master/CPPM trainer is set

xeniter

Post by xeniter » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:44 pm

Awesome you got it! yeah of course i triggered a software corner case (;

as soon as i changed to "Master/Jack" or "Slave/Jack" i am able again on old models to select again a external RF!

THX epic found!

yours,
Manuel

Return to “openTx”