What is behind this black board?

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
kaos

Re: What is behind this black board?

Post by kaos »

wow, won't that break those little pins' solder joint?

F/U: it worked. :)

kaos

Post by kaos »

Wala. It is done. Completely removable DJT telemetry module without hassle of plug in wires. :)
and no need to mod any of other module for existing operation. Still can use FLD-02 if want to. ;)
for Tx with stock board, I can do the two pins again, use the Txd/Rxd signal wire attach to a RS232 converter and go from there. Still no telemetry wire needed. ;)
Any module can be used in any Tx whether SKY9x or stock to have telemetry or module without telemetry, like the stock module or DSMX module. ;)
Attachments
this is what it looks like in the cavity.  red dot is the Tx  txd.  The spring loaded pin is flash with the bottom of the cavity but higher than the Tx pcb board.  The pink stuff sround the hole is nail polish to prevent any contact of the pins to the hole.  there are very thick copper 'plate' on the Tx back pcb board on both sides.
this is what it looks like in the cavity. red dot is the Tx txd. The spring loaded pin is flash with the bottom of the cavity but higher than the Tx pcb board. The pink stuff sround the hole is nail polish to prevent any contact of the pins to the hole. there are very thick copper 'plate' on the Tx back pcb board on both sides.
pin soldered to a servo lead, red dot is Tx on Sky9X board.
pin soldered to a servo lead, red dot is Tx on Sky9X board.
from pins to SKY9X telemetry header next to the 2.5 mm stereo jack.
from pins to SKY9X telemetry header next to the 2.5 mm stereo jack.
This is the back of the DJT. Only two small elevated contact there.  red dot is Txd.  The two contact si about 1.5 mm thick. It is protruding out the back surface of the module to push the pins in the Tx cavity and makes contact.  Because all my T9X has the same 'black hole' at the same position. If I use this module in a Tx without pins/mod, these two contact just sit in an empty square cavity passively.<br />each contact is soldered through a thin wire to the DJT  txd,rxd pins on the back side of the board that leaves the front side pins still usable to plug in FLD-02 when needed.
This is the back of the DJT. Only two small elevated contact there. red dot is Txd. The two contact si about 1.5 mm thick. It is protruding out the back surface of the module to push the pins in the Tx cavity and makes contact. Because all my T9X has the same 'black hole' at the same position. If I use this module in a Tx without pins/mod, these two contact just sit in an empty square cavity passively.
each contact is soldered through a thin wire to the DJT txd,rxd pins on the back side of the board that leaves the front side pins still usable to plug in FLD-02 when needed.
wala.  telemetry, wheel encoder, BT, RTC with batt b/u, haptic buzzer, spker, removeable SD card.  Anything else you want to add?     All done. No more mod for a while.  ;)
wala. telemetry, wheel encoder, BT, RTC with batt b/u, haptic buzzer, spker, removeable SD card. Anything else you want to add? All done. No more mod for a while. ;)
Last edited by kaos on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

What about modding a nice guide for the wiki?? ;) :D
Do you think you can rest now? No Sir.. You have good ideas and must pay for it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

Erh, forgot to take the pic of the wires/soldering in the module to do that.

no more good idea. The only idea now is I need to fly more instead of being a electrician all day long. :mrgreen:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

excuses, excuses :) yeah, flying is always a good idea.. I hope you have warmer weather there than I have here.. 0ºC at the moment.. I hate cold..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Kaos
Please tell more about the mounting of your backup battery on your sky b1 or 2 board. I mounted mine on the switch board with double stock foam tape but I like yours .

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
kaos

Post by kaos »

It is double sided foam tape under neath. only the foam is under the batt holder. you have to cut the pins on that batt holder at each end (which was designed to be soldered to wires) and make sure it is not poking out. After I cut those 2 pins, to be safe I put a small piece of plastic tape to cover them (putting a drop of epoxy would be better, but I was too lazy to do that ;) ). I soldered a black wire as (-) from the bottom of the holder which has a big hole with the negative plate exposed. and soldered a white wire on the (-) bar right under the bend where it goes into the black plastic.
the (+) and (-) metal bar you can just pull/push it out of the holder and do the cutting and soldering then put them back in.
A piece of thick double sided tape (that is my gyro mounting foam pad for my heli , available at HK ~5.00 for a piece about 5"x10 " double sided foam pad 5mm thick, that thing is very sticky and strong. I can pick up my heli from the little gyro with that little piece of pad underneath) just a little smaller to go between those 2 footing is holding the battery under neath. that area where the batt holder is and the double sided tape is, SKY9x board has no electronic components on the surface only circuit tracts.
What's not shown in the pic is to avoid any chance of shorting with a live battery. I stick a piece of tape right on top to cover all the shining metal parts on the top surface including the exposed batt surface.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks Kaos. Very creative. I may relocate mine next time I have the case open. We're using the same holder. I bent the solder pins flush instead if cutting them. I was afraid the plastic would melt if any shorter. The plastic seems to handle the iron heat ok so I could have cut them off like you did.
I'll have to order the foam you used next HK order. Looks like it has a lot of uses.
SM

ShowMaster
kaos

Post by kaos »

here is the link for the foam pad, it is cheaper than I remember, only 1.29 for a 5"x10" pad (I think the price has come down). you can cut it any size/shape you want to use. Very good adhesive, perfect for gyro mounting, better than most expensive gyro mounting pad. I used it just about every where I need double sided tape. the only restriction is it is thick 5 mm. (but perfect for heli gyro)
clean the surface before you use it. it will stick.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=8999
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Next HK order, thanks.

ShowMaster

Return to “Hardware”