FS-TH9X Main Board Needed

Want to get your own 9x? Don't know where to buy one? Looking for spares?
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

I am in dire need of a Flysky main board. I had a V1 board and tried to do the mod that smartieparts suggested to use the board but I was not successful. So if anyone has a V1 or V2 board please let me know.

Thanks
Joe

ShowMaster

Re: FS-TH9X Main Board Needed

Post by ShowMaster »

Where do you live Joe?
More we know the more help offered sometimes.
The $6 solder in programmer doesn't care what version board you have as long as your board is still working. Only 6 solder connections to make. It may be a better cost option to try first and sell your SP board since it's very popular.
Win win.
More info please on location and current board condition
SM
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

Showman,

I think I am going to keep my SP board, what happen was;
-I installed the SP board according to the instructions and youtube videos
-Tried to connect to it with the eepe software and it kept coming up with the target not answering so I found this link (http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index. ... =page&id=8) and realized I had V1 board because of the solder pad location in reference to the processor.
-I did what was shown in the link but had issues while doing it. I used a small gauge solid conductor wire instead of stranded. The stranded would have given me more flexibility.
-Finally got the board together and it flashed and all was well till I realized the was a spec of dirt or something on the display that was annoying. I could not leave well enough alone so I opened it again and when I did the jumper I just soldered had come up and pulled the resistor and trace off the board to the processor. I tried numerous times to fix it but every time I tried it made it worse and worse till I finally got angry and gave up.

I think this was an older radio even thou I got it new 8 -10 months earlier because I noticed when I open it up the first time it looked like corrosion or something around the menu pins and other pins. It was a white residue. Who knows, when you get the radio for 89.00 it is still cheaper than the name brand.

If I cannot find another board then I will just buy another, I will buy Turnigy this time. One question I do have is will my Flysky RX's bind to Turnigy?

My location is in Norman, Oklahoma. Sorry, I should have put that in my profile. I was just so frustrated with this.

Thanks for your help.

Joe
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I don't think the white stuff is corrosion. It's more than likely flux residue left over from the manufacturing process. You will probably find the same on the Turnigy.

Your flysky rx's will bind just fine with the Turnigy version of this radio.
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

Crucial

Thanks for the relpy. I am glad i can bind Flysky RX's with Turnigy.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, there is an approval process for the first few posts, so spammers can be caught. I've just approved your posts, it's not needed after a small number of posts, not sure how many.

If you can, try posting a picture of your board as it is, we might be able to suggest a way of repairing it. Its just with this surface mount stuff, you have to take it slowly, and often use some significant magnification.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Crashj007

Post by Crashj007 »

HK doesn't seem to have stock. I just got one from R2hobbies in less than a week. They also have replacement screens.
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

Here are some pictures of the board. Even if I could get it operational could I trust it? I think I might look for a new board or new Turnigy.

Thanks all for the help.
Attachments
FS-TH9X Board 003.JPG
FS-TH9X Board 001.JPG
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

So some thoughts.
First off try and get a good pix of your board to post showing the damage.
Next it can't hurt to have a spare tx for other parts besides the main CPU board. I like Leaders hobby 9X's because the antenna is attatched to the module snd all mine even lately are "V2"
They show a lot on back order but my last 2 came in 2 weeks.
About your current board again. If the damage is not so bad it can be fixed. The solder in programmer will help there because it doesn't have to worry about pressure contacts on certain places. You could use your SP board on your next v2 tx build. The missing resistor and circuit trace is not so critical that it can't be replaced as long as the CPU pins are not missing.
Next,
Do you have any plans to go the full Frsky telemetry mods or stay with the stock 9x and just use er9x?
I'm in the process of building up a complete telemetry system for a club member over the next few weeks. While I'm at it I could try and fix your board and add a soldered in programmer and test it if you just want er9x. Telemetry mods are more complicated and you'll have to follow up with the DJT module and mods as well as the Max232 level converter addition. I have all this but I'm not really in the business of selling built up systems as the price goes up fast.
Since we know your in the states now and I'm in LA PM me and let's see if your board can be fixed again for using your SP board. 
For return postage I'll see if I can repair it and also add a nice piece of solid strand wire wrap wire you can solder to your SP board to make it look
Like a V2. This is assuming no other damage except circuit trace and SMD resistors are messed up. 
A picture of your board first is a must please.
I have a spare SP board to work with and have been wanting to see a v1 board so we both win here.
One other offer/option is to add and test a solder in programmer, cost $10, and save your SP board for next time/spare 9x.
So I'll give it a try for postage back, or postage +$10 for adding a working programmer. 
No other persons please as I'm curious and his timing is right since I'm building up a friends system.

One other great option is to purchase a ersk9x drop in board and have it all with great support and more features every day as well and more "bells and whistles" and 60 memories and soon SD card. 
$80 + to get a new 9x to your door or the same price range for a super drop in board ready to go.
So many choices ha ha.
SM
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

The ERSKY9x upgrade board will be ready in a week or so.

http://www.ersky9x.net

-Brent
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hey,

Do you want me to pont this domain: http://www.ersky9x.com/ at that url?

Actually... I am happy to transfer ownership of it too you. If you recall (or not) I purchased it at the same time as the openrcforums.com one so it did not get 'lost' before your board was ready!

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

back on topic, I have fixed worse damaged board than that, by looking at the out of focus pic you posted, but a hires pic showing the damage can help to make a more accurate estimate if it is fixable. You are on the wrong side of the pond for me to offer help ( and my help is somewhat slow, ask some guys I helped :D but free of charge :D )
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

GrootWitbaas wrote:back on topic, I have fixed worse damaged board than that, by looking at the out of focus pic you posted, but a hires pic showing the damage can help to make a more accurate estimate if it is fixable. You are on the wrong side of the pond for me to offer help ( and my help is somewhat slow, ask some guys I helped :D but free of charge :D )
Thanks for the offer but ShowMaster has my board and is going to try to fix it. It was hard to take good upclose pictures, I had a good camera but the auto focus could not get a fix.

Thanks again
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Check your email. Phase 1 is completed. Board cleaned up, missing resistor replaced, extended solid wire wrap (white) added to solder to SP board. Next phase is to power it up and see if it's still working later tonight.
SM
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Phase 2 done, now what color smoke should come out? Oh, my bad it's me blowing smoke!
OK, it's all working and I'm having a well earned glass of red wine to relax after all the pressure. Ok, more smoke but I'mhaving the glass of wine in any case.
Phase # 3 is the glass of wine BTW.
SM
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

Showmaster has successfully fixed my screw up, thank you soo much.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Top man Showmaster.. ;) :)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm glad the damage was easy to fix.
I'm also glad that I offered to help. It was rewarding for both of us.
SM
zann68

Post by zann68 »

There is one on ebay forsale - Turnigy 9x V2 board Item number: 270996393600
Calm down gravity is still working!! I just tested it.......
Jackpot64

Post by Jackpot64 »

I also need to buy original PCB. If you have, please PM me.
huntermichael

Post by huntermichael »

Showmaster, you interested in fixing another board? After making the battery mistake, I tried to fix mine trying to follow instructions and got it to power up for a few seconds then it quit. Frustrated as this is a new TX and Im new to the hobby. I wish i had a clue with boards.

Return to “Where to buy / Spares / Modules? Selling up?”