Replacement Switchs ?

Want to get your own 9x? Don't know where to buy one? Looking for spares?
dukeofdata

Replacement Switchs ?

Post by dukeofdata »

Got my Turnigy 9X yesterday. Installed SmartieParts board and flashed er9x. Working great. However, I messed up one of the control switches (EXIT switch) on the Turnigy board. :oops: It still functions, but no click, pressure, with weak return. Does anyone know of a switch to replace this one? Thanks.
- Rick

gohsthb

Re: Replacement Switchs ?

Post by gohsthb »

Does it still do that even if you pull the main board back out? Maybe you got it pinched.
-Gohst
dukeofdata

Post by dukeofdata »

Yes, unfortunately. When I first noticed it, I disassembled the transmitter to check the switch and it still acted as indicated. I cheched all switches before I installed the SmartieParts board, and it worked properly then. I must have damaged it when I first re-assembled the boards.
- Rick
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I have ask,
You're saying that with the 9x CPU board out of the case you push on the exit switch and it still doesn't click like the menu switch?
Just making sure it's not binding on the case or backlight wires if you added a BL.
SM
dukeofdata

Re: Replacement Switches ?

Post by dukeofdata »

Yes, With the board out of the transmitter, my EXIT switch doesn't click, have much pressure, or return to original position. My MENU switch clicks, exhibits pressure upon depression, and returns to original position as it should. I am lucky that the EXIT switch still functions in the transmitter, but for how long? It is definitely broken. Any info you have is much appreciated. Thanks.
- Rick

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

SkyNorth is assembling the new esky9x boards and the switches he uses looked to me to be the same style and footprint. Msybe contact him in the ersky9x questions thread and see if he has a spare? Best option since as a rule there are no spare 9x parts except for scrapped 9x systems.
He at least may give you a source for this type of switch.
SM
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

or if someone has a radio for spares, I have one but you are on the WRONG side of the pond :P
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

Digikey Part# 450-1653-nd
dukeofdata

Re: Replacement Switches ?

Post by dukeofdata »

Thank you, SkyNorth. I splurged and ordered 10 (at $0.18 each). I'll send 2 out to each of 3 people who PM me with their name/address and email. (I'm not yet allowed to send PMs. Board rules!) Free of any charge. I'll keep 4 for myself. Should be enough.
- Rick
AZRED

Post by AZRED »

Hi Rick
I am not sure if you still have any of the Exit switches, but i did the exact same thing and could use one. I tried to PM but i guess i have not met the criteria of posts to be allowed to pm on this site. In case you read this thread, of if someone is kind enough to send a pm for me, I can use one or a few and would be happy to help out with the $1.80 and shipping:) Since i cannot pm a reply my email is [email protected]
Thanks
Gary
AZRED

Post by AZRED »

HI
Anyone know how many posts it takes to be able to use PM?
Thanks
AZRED

Post by AZRED »

Hi
Please ignore this post, i need to get to 5 so i qualify for PM status and this thread seems to be not read much so i doubt I will be bothering anyone, except the maybe the moderator who has to approve my posts. By the way Rob i Love the 9x, have 4 of them in different er9x configurations (one needs a new switch due to my error). I have noticed a lot of radios for sale lately and at lower prices. I am thinking the 9x has gone mainstream and pushing other radios out. Thanks for providing this forum, I am looking forward to the ersky 9x board becoming available, sounds like a great mod.

The MOD is watching you .... :D
AZRED

Post by AZRED »

Hi
This is post four, I wish I had that switch that Rick had so I could fix one of my Tx.
Thanks
AZRED

Post by AZRED »

Hi
This is post five, if this works I can participate fully and maybe get a switch :)
Thanks
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

AZRED

Post by AZRED »

Thanks for your patience with my dumb posts. I can now PM. Rick has contacted me and said he would send a switch.
Thanks
Tamron

Post by Tamron »

Man, I just did the same thing. My menu switch does nothing now. How did you make out Azred? Any luck?
Tamron

Post by Tamron »

Did it solder in easy.

Return to “Where to buy / Spares / Modules? Selling up?”