Wolfbox 1000mW 1W 433MHz UHF Transmitter Tx & 100mW Receiver

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
Thrashmangler

Wolfbox 1000mW 1W 433MHz UHF Transmitter Tx & 100mW Receiver

Post by Thrashmangler »

Wolfbox 1000mW 1W 433MHz UHF Transmitter Tx & 100mW Receiver I just bought this unit with a Turnigy 9XR Pro off BangGood for $61 !! Hopeful its no0t c**p but we will see these things always could use alittle touchup and the soldering can be bad..

Looking to start a thread for this product and any issues. Ill be getting this unit in a week and trying with my new 9XR pro and will post here my findings. Ill be using different antennas and filters, with a 5.8 GHZ BOSCAM DIVERITY RX and 200mw to 600mw 5.8 TX on my quad and fixed wing platforms.

I have a feeling it might be a Rmilec clone and will need some cooling and I will be looking into solving overheating issue these unit can run really hot. I have seen an Rmilec upgrade of a metal back plate, lol not well thought out but I guess someone was thinking.

These are relatively new, so post what ya got, keep it nice and POSITIVE and keep to these products please however, comparisons are always helpful

Thrashmangler

Re: Wolfbox 1000mW 1W 433MHz UHF Transmitter Tx & 100mW Receiver

Post by Thrashmangler »

Wolfbox 1000mw 433MHz UHF Tx & 100mW Receiver and Turnigy 9XR Pro Transmitter

Wanted to add a post. Thanks for the approval

Havent received the Wolfbox 1000mw 433MHz UHF Tx & 100mW Receiver as of yet, but do have the Turnigy 9XR Pro Transmitter and I am charging the Turnigy 9XR Safety Protected 11.1v 3S 2200mAh 1.5C Transmitter Lipo Pack, needed to power the radio, as we speak !!! Be getting to the Turnigy 9XR Pro Transmitter programming and on screen menus tomorrow.

I will say that I know whats coming in the Wolfbox 1000mw 433MHz UHF Tx and Im already, as most of do, considering the antenna and how to get something good, that works and is external and to take that one step further.

I ordered this -SMA Male Crimp RG174 GSM GPRS 433MHz Antenna Cable 1.5M 3dbi Magnetic Base Ham. That Ill run up a pole and see what happens.
Getting some RSSI will a priority. It looked like the transitter has something regasrding TX and RX power but Ill need to look at that again and it relation to the jr module Wolfbox 1000mw 433MHz UHF Tx & 100mW Receiver and the Turnigy 9XR Pro Transmitter

Getting the pole with the TX antenna up I believe that the number for effective getting perfect Fresnel Zone is about 30 feet. Rc Model Review on YT has a good video that Ill be getting back to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCVd3QGQhKU

HappY Drone'N
Thrashmangler

Post by Thrashmangler »

Ive been getting asked for a range test on the Wolfbox 1000mw 433MHz UHF Tx & 100mW Receiver and Im getting ready to set that up. It will be point to point with a simple servo trigger for confirmation of reception. Stay tuned. Ive just got the binding and jumper settings worked out I should be able to get something going with a youtube video as well.
jprios

Post by jprios »

Hello. Please I`m a very newbe. I followed every step to bind this wolfbox, but I got to nowhere.

Could you please help me? Maybe mine is not working.

Do you happen to know how the pin works? I mean the one who is in the TX box.

Many thanks

JP
Thrashmangler

Post by Thrashmangler »

The pins on the JR module are self explanatory, set your jumper on the pins to select norm which is normal or PWM. The Rx is best explained here -

http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/alterna ... imate-lrs/

Thrashmangler

Post by Thrashmangler »

Here's a build I'm starting using a Wolfbox 433 mhx UHF and 100mW Receiver. Using a Turnigy 9XR Pro with a Wolfbox Jr Module. Using Cleanflight and PWM I show ther quad and will begetting into using ULRS to configure the Wolfbox and Cleanflight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgJWNHzwlow

Return to “RF MODULES”