Old-style 35MHz...

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
Kilrah

Old-style 35MHz...

Post by Kilrah »

As I plan to sell all my other R/C TXs and keep only the 9x, I got myself a 20€ 2nd hand Graupner synthesised 35MHz module for occasional reuse of some 35MHz receivers I have - for example if I need to fly with 2.4GHz video gear.

As the new 9x has no more integrated antenna, plus I have reused the module antenna pin for serial FrSky comms, plus I use the antenna hole to attach a video recorder, I needed another way to put a 35MHz antenna.

I simply made a little 2-piece mount that I glued on the module case. Even with the weight of the deployed antenna the module hooks seem to hold well enough. Just hope the glue will hold too :mrgreen:

Of course the PCB trace going to the module case pin has been cut, and there was a nice little pad available to solder a wire to go to the antenna.

EDIT: I have had contacts with someone else who used the crystal version of the module, which requires the 6V on the 2nd pin. I suggested opening the module, cutting the 6V trace leading to the pin, and installing a 7806 6V regulator inside the module case between the VBAT supply, ground and where the 6V has to go. He confirmed there is enough room in the module for the regulator, and that it works as a charm. So it is possible to use the crystal version, and maintain interchangeability with the telemetry mod over module pins.

Return to “RF MODULES”