9x and ezUHF on trainer port

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
mcheraghi

9x and ezUHF on trainer port

Post by mcheraghi »

Hello,

I have a FrSky DIY telemetry module soldered to the board, but now I also want to use the ezUHF, UHF transmitter.
If I plug the ezUHF to the trainer-port at the back of the radio, will this disable my FrSky module? or do I need a switch to interupt the + and - of the FrSky module?
Do I also need to interrupt the signal wire or will this generate any interference?

Anyone done the same job? Experience? Any tips?

Regards

Kilrah

Re: 9x and ezUHF on trainer port

Post by Kilrah »

You could connect the UHF to the trainer port, then choose the protocol accordingly. PPM = integrated module, PPMSIM = trainer output.
The FrSky will still be powered and transmitting though, even if it doesn't transmit any "real" values.
mcheraghi

Post by mcheraghi »

Okay, I would want the FrSky not to transmitt!
I will use FPV that broadcast on 2,4Ghz, reason why I'm not going to use FrSky while FPVing to minimize the risk of interference.
Will I need er9X to set the PPM/PPMSIM?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes, thought you had already upgraded the firmware. And if you want the frsky module not to transmit, you have to cut the power to it.

With the stock firmware you could probably leave the radio off, so that it is in student mode and putting out the signal on the trainer port when the plug is connected. The FrSky would then not be powered. You'd however lose the beeper, no more sound.

Return to “RF MODULES”